video I took on my S5 won't play audio :(

critter1780

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I am so upset. I went to my daughters school yesterday and took some pics and some videos. Everything goes/went straight to the SD card, my husband purchased for the phone. Everything came out great no issues except the longest video I took, at almost 12 minutes. It plays with no audio. As soon as the video starts, on my phone, a small little tan box pops up stating 'play video data only.' We transferred it to the PC and tried from there and it still doesn't work. The programs on the PC won't play the video at all, talking about possible bad formats, codecs or bad public atoms. I don't know anything about this stuff. Like I said, the shorter videos taken just minutes before the one is question, work fine from the phone and computer, as do videos I took after it. Anyone who can help me figure this out?? Thanks so much.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds frustrating. When you say you transferred it, do you mean you copied the movie file over to the PC, or moved the card over and played it while still on the card? If you haven't tried already, see what happens if you copy the file to the PC. If the card is the problem, then perhaps it'll work when the file is off the card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wish I had another solution for you. Samsung is kind of notorious for problems with external SD cards, so I wonder if this was another instance.

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Double check your camera settings, under camcorder settings > sound and make sure you don't have sound muted. Also double check your speed settings, anything other than normal (1x) sound isn't recorded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969