how do you like the headphone audio quality?

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
how do you like the headphone audio quality?

I've tried the s5 compared to the m8 and iPhone 5s and the m8 and I think the 5s were louder and had more thump to it. The s5 was clear, but seemed lack some loudness and thump. Anandtech did an analysis between m8 and s5 and found the m8 to be better.

Have you guys been satisfied with the s5 audio quality?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This comes down to exactly what kind of ear buds or headphones you are using. I don't care for the sound that comes through the white ear buds which came with phone.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm very satisfied with the sound quality, the sound alive equalizer is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Have you been able to get a thicker sound with the EQ without any distortion or issues?

I tested the sound again today at a Verizon store and found the s5's soun was thinner than both the iPhone 5s and m8. But the sound was clear. BTW, I used Beats in-ear headphones that came with my HTC Rezound.

So if I use an eq and perhaps better headphones, could I get a thicker sound that's clear?

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Couple of things:

With the stock eq/sound profile in place...much of my music was too low using my Bose ear buds. The eq was also ****.

I reverted to the stock sound manager and everything sounds way better (with both the OEM Samsung headset (which I use for conference calls still..damn Bose ear buds don't have a mic)

If you'd like to try it go to settings/sound/scroll down to advanced a d change from Sound Alive to Music FX

Posted via Android Central App

kingsley404

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you been able to get a thicker sound with the EQ without any distortion or issues?

I tested the sound again today at a Verizon store and found the s5's soun was thinner than both the iPhone 5s and m8. But the sound was clear. BTW, I used Beats in-ear headphones that came with my HTC Rezound.

So if I use an eq and perhaps better headphones, could I get a thicker sound that's clear?
yes it's clear with no distortion. if the sound alive eq doesn't fit your tastes exactly I'd try noozoide eizo that eq has always sounded the best to me on every phone I've had.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Poweramp actually is slightly quieter than the stock app, this is true of my HTC one x and my S5. The S5 sounds great clarity wise but lacks loudness the Headphone jack only outputs 0.8 megawatts of power whereas the Iphone 5s outputs 1.5 I think, and the M8 outputs 1.6 mw. That is DOUBLE!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Poweramp actually is slightly quieter than the stock app, this is true of my HTC one x and my S5. The S5 sounds great clarity wise but lacks loudness the Headphone jack only outputs 0.8 megawatts of power whereas the Iphone 5s outputs 1.5 I think, and the M8 outputs 1.6 mw. That is DOUBLE!

That almost as much power than the local Utility Electric Power generation station has here.

I think you misspoke and meant MilliWatts or 0.008 watts.

Michael Kushner

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I went with Bose IE2 earbuds. I've used the Bose Earbuds since 2004 with ultimate sound results. However, I have not tried "PowerAmp or Equalizer" as of yet. I think the sub sounds (LFE) or bass sounds are not as powerful with the S5 compared to the S3. I switched the earbuds to the S3 and had equal results as with the original buds.