Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Billy Glen Jr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail swipe delete/archive

When I am using my Gmail app, the "swipe" to delete or archive is only giving me the option to archive when swiping both left and right.

When I first started using the Gmail app I distinctly remember being able to swipe one way to delete, and the opposite to archive.

But I'm only able to archive either way now????

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Gmail swipe delete/archive

Welcome to Android Central! I don't recall being able to do separate things by swiping one way or the other. You can change swiping does by opening Gmail, swiping in from the left, scrolling down to the Settings, then General Settings, then Archive & Delete Actions. If you set that to Show Delete Only, then swiping will delete. If you set it to Show Archive Only OR Show Archive & Delete, swiping will only archive.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Gmail swipe delete/archive

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't recall being able to do separate things by swiping one way or the other. You can change swiping does by opening Gmail, swiping in from the left, scrolling down to the Settings, then General Settings, then Archive & Delete Actions. If you set that to Show Delete Only, then swiping will delete. If you set it to Show Archive Only OR Show Archive & Delete, swiping will only archive.
    Thanks B. Diddy for the welcome!
    I changed my settings and chose to delete, rather than archive per your instructions. I could have swore I was doing both when I first set up Gmail but delete either way was probably going on in reality. Thanks a lot for the help!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    B. Diddy likes this.