Front Camera Broke and Phone is Out of Warranty. What to do?

ALaz502

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So my phone is rooted so obviously the warranty is void.

Today I turned on my front camera and there is a weird black area covering the top of my screen.

I looked at the camera itself and it looks like a washer came loose and is covering a part of my camera.

I googled it and this has happened to others.

This is crazy! Out of the four Galaxy s5 phones we got when we switched to T-Mobile, two are now defective.

If I call T-Mobile and have them send me a new one under warranty and send this one in to them, is there any chance theyll look the other way since the issue I'm having is completely unrelated to the root? Or will they charge full price for the new one?

What are my other options if I don't go through warranty?

Here's a pic of the issue at hand

busa2e9y.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

epic210

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
They're going to ask for your old phone back and if they don't get it they'll charge you the full price of the phone to your account. It doesn't matter if its an unrelated issue, if they see its rooted they will void the warranty for the fact that it's been modified. That's something you should think about when rooting because worrying about the consequences is too late now, even if unrelated to root.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You can always revert back to the way the phone was before you rooted. Once you are back you should be able to fall under the warranty and get an exchange .... not because you rooted you should not be able to bring the phone back to the original way.....

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I might check out Square Trade. I currently have Asurion. $6.99 per month plus $200 deductible. Square Trade offers $5.00 per month and $75 deductible.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci