Buying a new phone

Iroxusux

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone
So, due to Comcast's horrific nature, i decided to save myself money and cancel them and use my phone as a tether after rooting and all that jazz, blah blah blah.
However, i live with my girlfriend who depends on internet as well and she doesn't have unlimited data (yet)
So my question for you guys is, what kind of phone (in your best experience) would suit my (not so tech friendly) girlfriend?
keep in mind that i want it to be android OS so i can root it for her and set up all her tethering and all that jazz.
Also, if it's possible to keep the price lower, thats a ++ (otherwise i'd have her get the s5)

All input is appreciated, thanks guys

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone
So, due to Comcast's horrific nature, i decided to save myself money and cancel them and use my phone as a tether after rooting and all that jazz, blah blah blah.
However, i live with my girlfriend who depends on internet as well and she doesn't have unlimited data (yet)
So my question for you guys is, what kind of phone (in your best experience) would suit my (not so tech friendly) girlfriend?
keep in mind that i want it to be android OS so i can root it for her and set up all her tethering and all that jazz.
Also, if it's possible to keep the price lower, thats a ++ (otherwise i'd have her get the s5)

All input is appreciated, thanks guys

Hi
I think the S5 would be great to get but if she is not too techy, you will have to help her along or she could go for maybe the M8 but that doesn't give you as many good and useful features as the S5.

Iroxusux

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I think the S5 would be great to get but if she is not too techy, you will have to help her along or she could go for maybe the M8 but that doesn't give you as many good and useful features as the S5.

I tried asking her if she'd like to get it, but in her opinion she thinks it's too expensive. Otherwise, it would be a no brainer, haha

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
If cost is the issue I would say the G2. It has the snapdragon 800 processor and is pretty cheap since it came out last year. Big beautiful screen, snappy, great camera. It's pretty awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk