Restore list view on Favorites

ruglet

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
After the software update, version 4.4.2 last week, the view of my favorite contacts has been changed from list view to thumbnail. I would like to restore it, but there seems to be no way. The frequently called numbers below remains in list view. \

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
After the software update, version 4.4.2 last week, the view of my favorite contacts has been changed from list view to thumbnail. I would like to restore it, but there seems to be no way. The frequently called numbers below remains in list view. \

I had not noticed but it seems you are correct the option for list and thumbnail has gone

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

My Verizon phone came with 4.4.2 and Favorites still retains the List View.

Have you tried a Long Press on the Menu Soft Button to see if that brings up options?

Attachments

• Version 4.4.2.jpg
    Version 4.4.2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 57

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have found this forum by searching for an answer to this very problem. This may be a Samsung Galaxy issue.

No, it is not specific to the S5. this is the first thread I have seen on this issue.

Just with a few of the S5 phones, and as yet we don't know what carrier the complainants are using, what specific model phone they have, and what caused it.

Was an update involved? Was a menu change made that caused it?

kolo-bok

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
This has occurred on my Galaxy S5 from T-Mobile. I do not use social media (no thumbnail pictures) so this is quite unusable. I would like to get my list view back.

It was working normally (list view) until I received an OTA update.

Now, my only choices in options "three-dot" or "long press" are "Select, Remove from favorites, and help" Gone is the option to adjust the view.

Model: SM-G900T
Android version 4.4.2
Baseband: G900TUVU1ANE6

Rav3nCroft

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a carrier specific change. Which makes no sense of course. Just like AZgl1500, my Verizon 5s still has the choice between grid and list.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Debbi Bock

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. It occurred because of the update and I am using my Samsung Galaxy S5 on the Sprint network. Please help us change the view back to list option which has disappeared.

sjh4bama

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy S5. My service is with Sprint. My favorites switched to the grid view after the last update. No way that I can find to switch it back.

gdeloach

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
This is NOT a carrier specific issue. I have AT&T and the same issue. Now you are not able to change the view in any of the contact folders and the favorites is stuck in tile format. This is due to the OTA update recently announced and installed. I hope they get a workaround for this very soon.

JCarmello

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Have an S5 Model SM-G900A on AT&T. After the OTA update this week I too am experiencing the same problem. From what I am reading on this forum it appears to be related to the update.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This is NOT a carrier specific issue. I have AT&T and the same issue. Now you are not able to change the view in any of the contact folders and the favorites is stuck in tile format. This is due to the OTA update recently announced and installed. I hope they get a workaround for this very soon.

yup, that is a very major problem for me.
The tile view truncates the name and the pictures are too tiny to know who I am looking at.

I am going to Odin my phone back to the original Verizon release..... and never allow it to update again.

RobFernandez87

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Ref the loss of the option in Favorites to show the List. I too think it was a stupid omission.
(I'm using a Samsung S5 with AT&T and this issue definitely started with the latest download of Ver 4.4.2)
As a temporary work around you might want to try this.
Simply delete all your favorites. (don't fret it, you can always put them back)
Press anyone on the list and you'll get a select option.
Check all of them and then press the trash can.
With the Favorite Screen gone, you'll then see the LIST of Frequently Contacted People and if you have a photo of them, you'll see a small one followed by their full name in nice large print - well, I have print size set to large.
It's almost like getting your List back only with a few new frequent calls getting thrown in being the only drawback- which you can easily delete.
I personally did it and the only Favorite I left was one I created for Voice Mail. You might choose one or two more because it won't take up much space. On my phone the icons are three across so using three takes the same space as one.

abez1

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
As suggested I removed all my favorite contacts with the hope of remaining with the list of most frequently dialed calls. That list no longer exists. All I get is a blank screen with words: No favorite contacts. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn