Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth connection resolved

I had alot of trouble getting the Galaxy S5 to connect to my headphones. After a lot of frustrating attempts, this sequence worked:

1. RESTART THE PHONE. Use the button along the side top right and a menu will appear allowing you to choose restart. This step is important.

2. In APPS, select SETTINGS, then BLUETOOTH.

3. Click the box near the top right identifying your SAMSUNG device. This initiates a 2 minute timing sequence for you to accomplish the following tasks. Its a timing sequence so you have to act without delay.

4. Turn on the device you want to connect. Most devices when turned on initiate a search for a bluetooth connection within a time limit.

5. At the bottom of the phone bluetooth screen there is a wide button to SEARCH FOR DEVICES. Press it.

6. Your device should then show up on the phone bluetooth screen. Immediately press the name of that device and pairing should result. Time is of the essence. If your device fails to appear on the bluetooth screen, you need to start from scratch. Make sure your device seeking connection is turned off before you begin.

7. When you want to use the same device previously paired with your SAMSUNG phone, you have to return to the bluetooth screen and press your device name to cause a connection.

I hope this helps someone from the frustration I suffered getting my Galaxy 5S to work properly.

Default Re: Bluetooth connection resolved

Quote Originally Posted by qdog223 View Post
    I had a lot of trouble getting the Galaxy S5 to connect to my headphones. After a lot of frustrating attempts, this sequence worked:

1. RESTART THE PHONE. Use the button along the side top right and a menu will appear allowing you to choose restart. This step is important.

2. In APPS, select SETTINGS, then BLUETOOTH.

3. Click the box near the top right identifying your SAMSUNG device. This initiates a 2 minute timing sequence for you to accomplish the following tasks. Its a timing sequence so you have to act without delay.

4. Turn on the device you want to connect. Most devices when turned on initiate a search for a bluetooth connection within a time limit.

5. At the bottom of the phone bluetooth screen there is a wide button to SEARCH FOR DEVICES. Press it.

6. Your device should then show up on the phone bluetooth screen. Immediately press the name of that device and pairing should result. Time is of the essence. If your device fails to appear on the bluetooth screen, you need to start from scratch. Make sure your device seeking connection is turned off before you begin.

7. When you want to use the same device previously paired with your SAMSUNG phone, you have to return to the bluetooth screen and press your device name to cause a connection.

I hope this helps someone from the frustration I suffered getting my Galaxy 5S to work properly.

You did an excellent job of putting that exactly the way it has to be.

I have explained this before in answer to a lot of folks having trouble, and it falls on Deaf Ears.... most refuse to explicitly follow instructions and be fast about it.

When the timer runs out, game over. A restart is required.

Verizon Galaxy S5

Default Re: Bluetooth connection resolved

yes, that in the proper procedure in connecting a Bluetooth device. However, make it a little easier on yourself by extending the amount of time in discovery mode. When you open bluetooth in settings tap on menu (three dots in upper right corner) and choose visibility timeout. your choices are 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 1 hour.
    Thanked by: