- 1 Posts
Built-in email app logging in thousands of times
I have a user getting locked out of his (non-gmail) email because of a login rate limit of 1000 per hour. I checked the login logs, his verizon ip address is registering dozens and sometimes hundreds of logins a minute. It's doesn't look like any sort of hacking attempt, the first thousand are succesfull and then he gets rate limited and can't check his email. I changed his check email frequency to every hour and it's still happening.
Is this a known bug? I've deleted his account on the phone a few times and changed his login credentials and it's still happening whenever I add it back. Could it be some sort of malware on the phone?
- 06-15-2014, 11:37 AM #2
Re: Built-in email app logging in thousands of times
I did not notice that happening for the few weeks that I used it.
Install CM Security and let it scan the phone for any possible malware stuff, but I doubt it finds anything.
* CM Security Find Phone - Locate, Yell and Lock
I recommend that you add CloudMagic as his email app and then turn OFF the OEM email apps.
That should take care of it.
CloudMagic is far more useful and intuitive than the stock app even hoped to be.
* CloudMagic - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play
- 06-15-2014, 11:54 AM #3
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 09:34 AM
- By Glen Cook in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 06-24-2014, 09:31 AM
- By rckymtntim in forum HTC One M7Replies: 5Last Post: 06-16-2014, 09:46 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-15-2014, 06:12 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 9Last Post: 06-15-2014, 11:46 AM