- 1 Posts
Is this normal for Galaxy S5'S contacts to show twice? Once in alphanumeric the other, as a normal c
When typing in a contact in Samsung's Messages for texting...along with the name of the contact coming up...seperately, the same letters and also numbers came up as well. Thus leaving two descriptions of the contact, but one is my contact with the avatar attached and the seond listing is not an actual contact.that is in my saved contacts. .
Such as the numbers that are attached to the letter on a phone keypad. For example, dad (who is in my contacts) also came up as dad323 (which is not even in my contacts). So both of these came up and I never saw this before. What to do?
Posted via Android Central App
- 06-15-2014, 01:48 PM #2
Re: Is this normal for Galaxy S5'S contacts to show twice? Once in alphanumeric the other, as a norm
check to see if you have Google+ contacts linked to your phone.
I had to uncheck that and delete all of the Google Contacts list. I also had to access the Google+ via the web on my PC browser to fix it.
also, somehow, the phone tricked me into linking into my Yahoo email contacts list.
I was so aggravated by the same thing you have, that I went through and deleted all links to anything except Verizon's Cloud which is used as Backup Assistant on their service.
Unlinking and deleting the extraneous contact lists resolved it for me.
- 06-16-2014, 01:57 AM #3
- By stranger99 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 06-20-2014, 04:32 AM
- By josebrwn in forum LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 07:44 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-15-2014, 08:57 PM
- By liquidhal in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 06-15-2014, 11:54 AM
- By Ahmed Tharwat2 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-15-2014, 11:53 AM