drops of water on your S5

juudje

May 8, 2014
Visit site
hi hi i think i go to ask it here. my first s5 when there was a raindrop fall on it the phone make self sms or open page etc it was terrible and when you want to open someting he just didnt do it:(

oke that phone back to service i wait 36 days before i get a new one yesterday it came... and today by the horses some drop or water fall on it.... and not so bad but still its not doing normal when you want to open something its not 100% direct...

its looks like the waterdrop on it make the phone not working very well

so my question somebody els this problem? or is it just me.. never have this with my s3?

thanks a lot hope somebody can try it. or tell me if there phone make it

greetings

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The S5 is water resistant. You shouldn't be having those problems. And 36 days for a replacement? That is ridiculous.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Please proof read it is hard to understand.

If you get water on the screen, sometimes your phone think you want to pen something hard to explain.

Like when I put my s5 under water with the screen turned on and unlocked, usually opens a couple things

Posted via Android Central App

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
hi hi i think i go to ask it here. my first s5 when there was a raindrop fall on it the phone make self sms or open page etc it was terrible and when you want to open someting he just didnt do it:(

oke that phone back to service i wait 36 days before i get a new one yesterday it came... and today by the horses some drop or water fall on it.... and not so bad but still its not doing normal when you want to open something its not 100% direct...

its looks like the waterdrop on it make the phone not working very well

so my question somebody els this problem? or is it just me.. never have this with my s3?

thanks a lot hope somebody can try it. or tell me if there phone make it

greetings

Sad to hear, contact Samsung and try and get a replacement because as @neonworm said, you shouldn't be having these problems.

juudje

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes Neonworm iam from the netherlands but live in turkey and it take that long to get a new phone terrible!! and the service was sooo bad not normal and when you know that i paid 880 euro for it here because we dont have it together with a abb. or other deal than the service sucks !
Thanks ab:) so its just not only me my first phone get stuck crazy make own words and blocked.. but my new phone when i have a wet finger and i want to call or make a sms its not working.. in my eyes thats not good of course the phone is sensible but you need to be able to call somebody when there is some water on it... with my its not working.. same what you write when you keep it under water.. but this i dont do just a drop crap! i get headache from it.. thanks for the answers

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Let me make sure I understand. When you get drops of water on the screen, it doesn't work properly? It's my understanding that that's normal. Touchscreens don't respond normally when they're wet, even on the water-resistant S5. As long as it starts working again when it dries off, there's nothing wrong with your phone.

juudje

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Byron thanks this is allready my second phone:( tomorrow i will call them and look first i hope more people have a answer here because i can not believe that exact 2 phones make it with me... thats strange

with other words with a drop i can not use my phone because its still open things what i dont want or its just not giving any reaction..

juudje

May 8, 2014
Visit site
joneb look this answer is something what i was looking for:)thanks but with my s3 i can phone or sms in the rain with drops on it or not. with my s5 i can sometimes not open my sms icon? its just not doing that.. and how people make than pictures in the water with this phone? my phone doesnt work properly with 1 drop, than i think i need to leave it like this..... thanks again.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Please proof read it is hard to understand.

If you get water on the screen, sometimes your phone think you want to pen something hard to explain.

Like when I put my s5 under water with the screen turned on and unlocked, usually opens a couple things

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah mine does this occasionally... I think it's normal

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Your phone is normal from what I can understand.

I work outside on heavy equipment on a spray truck.

My hands get wet from the spray gun because it leaks while in use.
If my fingers are wet and I try to use the phone, it does crazy things like opening up two apps at once.

As soon as I get the phone and my hands dry again, the phone is back to normal.

I guess the phone was always "normal", the wet skin gives a "much larger" area of contact and it responds like if you touched two apps at the same time with two fingers.

I think your phone is okay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress