Notification panel from swiping down status bar not working
I have no idea what I did but when I swipe the status bar down nothing happens and if I hit the button on the left bottom side near the home button to close open tasks, it doesn't work either. I restarted the phone and shut it off for a few minutes, neither worked. What did I do and how do I fix it?
- 06-15-2014, 09:02 PM #2
- 06-15-2014, 09:15 PM #4
Re: Notification panel from swiping down status bar not working
Do you have a backup of your phone made with Kies 3.0 ?
* Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG
If not, do it now. Make at least two backups so if one gets screwed up, you have another one. make sure you Select ALL.
Now, do a Factory Reset of the phone so that you have to initialize it with the carrier network again.
Once it is on, connect the phone with Kies 3.0 and restore your contacts, photos, old messages, etc.
I would not restore the complete image of the phone as that will only restore the phone to the same exact situation that you have now.
But at least, the phone is working again, and you can go about turning OFF the bloatware again, and all should be good for you.
Once you have it working again, then continue with Kies 3.0 and restore your apps one at at time. Test the phone. If it is okay, get another app restored until you have it back to normal.
- 08-07-2014, 02:01 AM #7
- 07-17-2015, 12:19 PM #8
- 09-03-2015, 06:57 PM #9
- 02-04-2016, 10:33 PM #10
- 03-31-2016, 06:01 AM #11
- 2 Posts
- 06-05-2016, 09:15 PM #12
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-23-2015, 08:03 PM
- By AndresC64 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 06-26-2014, 11:12 PM
- By sre123 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 07:34 PM
- By BadAthlete in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-15-2014, 08:38 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-15-2014, 08:04 PM