Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can you help?

My battery. Is was immense. Would go through a whole day with 40% left at the end of it, no problem.

All of a sudden, one day last week it has started to drain so quick, I have to charge it twice a day. I have done nothing different.

I did install a couple of apps, Cloudmail (i think it's call) Sol Calender and have since deleted them in case they were the issue.

They weren't.

I have done the usual thing, settings > battery to see what is happening but there is nothing abnormal. Screen at the top, android OS next. No apps seem to be causing it. I have that battery doctor app to see what could be doing it, but that rubbish as the apps you choose to stop running just start up again.

What could have happened? Anything I can do or download to try and get to the bottom of it?

Please help!

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by S5_GJH View Post
    My battery. Is was immense. Would go through a whole day with 40% left at the end of it, no problem.

All of a sudden, one day last week it has started to drain so quick, I have to charge it twice a day. I have done nothing different.

I did install a couple of apps, Cloudmail (i think it's call) Sol Calender and have since deleted them in case they were the issue.

They weren't.

I have done the usual thing, settings > battery to see what is happening but there is nothing abnormal. Screen at the top, android OS next. No apps seem to be causing it. I have that battery doctor app to see what could be doing it, but that rubbish as the apps you choose to stop running just start up again.

What could have happened? Anything I can do or download to try and get to the bottom of it?

Please help!

Well, do one thing try going to the settings> battery and check which application is consuming most of the battery I am pretty much sure that this will give you view that brief analysis of what is going on !

I had a similar thing happen with no new apps from my end. (Not having to charge twice a day, but just draining to nothing before I would usually plug in at bedtime.) One thing to try if you do not want to factory reset is change to ART runtime and then back to Dalvik in the developer options - this reconfigures all your apps without deleting any data or settings. I wound up installing the Qualcomm Snapdragon Battery Guru app, so I could stop the syncing of a bunch of apps, especially the Google apps, that I don't use in the background. (As a tangent, people complain about manufacturer/carrier bloatware, but I feel like Google's is the worst because they use a ton of battery and data for services I never use.) This seemed to help get me back to the battery life I was experiencing before.

They weren't.

Please help!

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, do one thing try going to the settings> battery and check which application is consuming most of the battery I am pretty much sure that this will give you view that brief analysis of what is going on !
    Tried that.... Heres a screenshot of what going on.... Nothing out the ordinary.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you help?-screenshot_2014-06-16-14-50-39.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by atishc View Post
    I had a similar thing happen with no new apps from my end. (Not having to charge twice a day, but just draining to nothing before I would usually plug in at bedtime.) One thing to try if you do not want to factory reset is change to ART runtime and then back to Dalvik in the developer options - this reconfigures all your apps without deleting any data or settings. I wound up installing the Qualcomm Snapdragon Battery Guru app, so I could stop the syncing of a bunch of apps, especially the Google apps, that I don't use in the background. (As a tangent, people complain about manufacturer/carrier bloatware, but I feel like Google's is the worst because they use a ton of battery and data for services I never use.) This seemed to help get me back to the battery life I was experiencing before.
    Nice one, I have done everything you have done.

Let's see what happens.....

Nice one, I have done everything you have done.

Let's see what happens.....

Please let me know how it goes. Good luck!

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by atishc View Post
    Please let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Question about that dragon app.

It says to have location services turned on the app can 'learn' about my device.

So I have have to have 2 days of battery drain because of location services on before I can apparently start to save it?

Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Tried that.... Heres a screenshot of what going on.... Nothing out the ordinary.

Hmm... it looks Android system is consuming most of the battery now I feel that the problem may be with the backup of battery not the .... do one thing remove the battery put it over to the flat smooth surface and try spinning it. If it spins then I am sure that its time to replace you battery and the problem will be sorted out once the battery is replaced otherwise I need to think more on this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Hmm... it looks Android system is consuming most of the battery now I feel that the problem may be with the backup of battery not the .... do one thing remove the battery put it over to the flat smooth surface and try spinning it. If it spins then I am sure that its time to replace you battery and the problem will be sorted out once the battery is replaced otherwise I need to think more on this.
    Put the battery on a smooth, flat surface and spin it??

How does this determine if it's the problem?

It sounds like a wind up to me haha

If it spins then it's swelling which is a problem, the battery is going bad. Had this happen to a couple of phones. You'll need to replace it.

Sent from my NX785QC8G using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Just span it.

It only spins 1 and a half turns at the most.

Guessing this means that battery is okay and it's the force I put on the spin that did that? It certainly didn't spin freely

Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Put the battery on a smooth, flat surface and spin it??

How does this determine if it's the problem?

It sounds like a wind up to me haha

Well, if your battery starts spinning means the battery is swollen and needs to be replaced. This trick is mostly used by the customer support technicians to determine wether the battery needs to be replaced or not !! Why I know about is just because I have been active over many forums and I have some friends who are just expert at such ....so trust me and try spinning it over the flat smooth surface. I am trying to help you out here ! feel free to tell me if there's no need !
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Well, if your battery starts spinning means the battery is swollen and needs to be replaced. This trick is mostly used by the customer support technicians to determine wether the battery needs to be replaced or not !! Why I know about is just because I have been active over many forums and I have some friends who are just expert at such ....so trust me and try spinning it over the flat smooth surface. I am trying to help you out here ! feel free to tell me if there's no need !
    That's cool. I've just read up on it.

It doesn't spin freely as such, once or twice becaise of the force I put into trying to spin it?

Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

That's cool. I've just read up on it.

It doesn't spin freely as such, once or twice becaise of the force I put into trying to spin it?

Well, it means you battery is okay and doesn't needs any replacement. One more thing I was looking at the screen shot you have attached and it does give me a feel that it's working fine you still have 70% of charge left over your device and your device is awake since 5hrs don't feel that anything much is going on !! At this rate it would last more 12hrs I think the backup is just fine I wonder what makes you alarm goes off ?? I would say try installing some battery saver application like Dubattery saver etc... and better would be

Try reading more about "What drains your battery"
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

What makes my alarm go off is up until a week ago, I'd finish a working day with at least 80% battery... No change in usage etc etc and I now finish on 35-40%.

I don't get it.

I honestly don't know what it is learning from your location, so you can likely just not use the feature and see how it works for you. I keep my location services on power saving, which allows things like weather widgets to work properly, but does not drain as much battery as keeping the GPS on.

Question about that dragon app.

It says to have location services turned on the app can 'learn' about my device.

So I have have to have 2 days of battery drain because of location services on before I can apparently start to save it?

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

See this screen here. It shows WiFi as being constantly on.

It isn't because when I leave the house, I turn it off..... Could this be my problem? Should I do some form of wifi reset?

EDIT- I have just seen that the 'always allow scanning even when wifi is off' option was ticked. Google location services search for wifi even tho its switched off or something? I've unticked it and hoping for the best.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you help?-screenshot_2014-06-17-17-34-28.jpg  
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

The dragon app has finished learning about my device.

I have now uninstalled it as you need keep location services on for it to work.

Really want to get to the bottom of this.... Really, really annoying.