Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the S5 the perfect size?

Obviously, this is a subjective question, but compared to larger devices that may be a little too heavy, unwieldy, etc (i.e. Note 3) or the smaller ones with too small of screens (i.e. IPhone), does the S5 offer the best combinations of size and weight?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Is the S5 the perfect size?

It's a pretty light phone.. It does feel nice but yeah size is definitely subjective. My friends think it's great whereas I've adjusted and prefer the size of the Note now.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

I think samsung did a really nice job of squeezing the screen into the frame of the s5. For me it's the perfect balance of size, screen size, weight etc.

Posted via Android Central App

I love the size, although I think 1 or 2mm less in width would be perfect for my, relatively small, hand size.

"Perfect size" is subjective.
    yciwolf likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    "Perfect size" is subjective.
    Hence what I wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by 67srbell View Post
    Hence what I wrote...

Oh wow, sorry. I should start reading posts instead of skimming them
    A895 and debdroid1a like this.

I love the phone but whenever I hold my old HTC One X for whatever reason I realise how much nicer that felt in the hand. It was smaller, but certainly not a small screen. Bigger than the iPhone. It also felt very solid despite being plastic and I think the S5 feels less solid, though you the HTC was sealed so that makes sense.

However for watching shows it's great, so bright and vibrant. I bought an s view case today for £18 instead of the RRP of £45 but i am not sure if I like it as I can't be bothered to keep flipping it all the time. I know the window is there for that reason but I still think I prefer direct phone access.

TLDR; I like the phone but my HTC One X still feels better in my hand

Its the perfect size for me. I wanted a bigger screen, but not a large tablet looking phone. I love that the s5 is bigger than my s3 ,but still smaller than the note.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post
    Its the perfect size for me. I wanted a bigger screen, but not a large tablet looking phone. I love that the s5 is bigger than my s3 ,but still smaller than the note.

Yeah, I mean the Note 3 is awesome, but the S5 is so much more convenient and lighter to carry around (especially in my pocket).
    Obviously, everything has a trade-off.

I still don't know which one to keep and now considering that the S5 Prime MAY be on the way and the Note 4 in September or October...

Damn Samsung...

Global Posts
    1,866 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

I like the size. I would even like it if it was a tad larger. The Note 3 is much to large for me.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

I can say it is having owns the pretty much all of the Super Phones. LOL

Galaxy Note is my favourite because it's Samsung's true flagship as I feel the S series is more like beta. The problem is the size, I wished Samsung stayed with 5.5" but the 0.2" made the difference as it became a PITA to carry, handle & use.

LG G2, was perfect love everything about it except the UI, yes even with Nova Prime. At 5.2" I thought the size was perfect.

neus 5, at first I love everything about it but the build started to bother me that I didn't like the rubber feel.

M7/M8, it too small (M7) and then became too tall (M8), as with the Z2.

I sold the Z2 for the G3 so we'll see how it goes.

It's subjective as you said, but for me it's pretty darn good. I came from an iPhone 4, which had a 3.5" screen (!!). I find the size of the S5 perfect - the screen is big enough to be able to really make use of apps and the phone is pretty light. My friend commented on the lightness of it. I don't have huge hands and I find it a good size.

I have to say, though, I wouldn't completely rule out a phablet size phone (probably Note size screen) in the future, especially if they could put that 5.7" in a smaller body. It seems like once you experience bigger... you're intrigued by even bigger! Though I think that'd be around the cut off for me. I recently saw the Galaxy Mega and that is way too big for me.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Anyway, it looks as though Samsung will be announcing the 5.2 in Galaxy S5 Prime and the 5.7-5.9 in Note 4 BOTH with QHD displays in September.

It is freaking amazing (and frustrating) how short the shelf life of tech gadgets has become...

I have small hands. It's a little big. I can't work/use it one handed. But it's light and the beautiful screen and amenities are all worth it I find it more comfortable with the Ultra Hybrid Spigen case than "naked". I feel like I have more control/better grip.

I've gone from A900 (5 years!!) to Epic 4G (2 yrs.) to S3 (2yrs.) and now awaiting a bigger phone. I seem to always welcome bigger size screen perhaps as a result of my failing eye sight. Getting old stinks!! The end!

I wouldn't mind it if my s5 was a tad bit smaller. maybe something in between the iphone 4 and the galaxy s5?

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

it all depends for everybody.

I like the size of the S5 as well. I wish it was tad shorter and the width being a little smaller.

I love the screen size. I wouldn't mind iy being a tad bit thinner though.

Its one of the best phones on the market right now. Light and easy to hold.

Sent from my SGH-I897

How well does it fit in your pants pocket? I'm looking for an upgrade from my old iphone 4.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Crippldogg View Post
    How well does it fit in your pants pocket? I'm looking for an upgrade from my old iphone 4.
    Very well because it isn't too big and it is very light (even w a case).

Every phone I've owned has been the "perfect size"....until the next one. Just a matter of getting used to it.
    I have a Note3, never thought I would own one due to it's size.....it's perfect now.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    Every phone I've owned has been the "perfect size"....until the next one. Just a matter of getting used to it.
    I have a Note3, never thought I would own one due to it's size.....it's perfect now.
    I totally know what you mean. I LOVE the size of the S5 but now find myself intrigued by the Note, which I used to think was bigger than I'd ever go.... I'm curious to see what the Note 4 brings now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast