SAMSUNG KEYBOARD WON'T AUTOMATICALLY CAP "i" OR ADD APOSTROPHES

Ruby_Soho

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey, everyone! I really hope someone can help me with this issue, because it is driving me mad...

I HATE auto-correct & predictive text. I didn't use it with my s2 or 3 and didn't have any issues with auto-capitalizing "i" or adding apostrophes where needed. When I type "dont", it doesn't automatically change it to "don't" - how can I fix this? Again, I do not want auto-correct or predictive text. Am I missing something? This is so annoying :mad:

PS When I use the Perfect Text app, it automatically caps "i" and adds apostrophes even with auto-correct/predictive text off, but it won't allow me to use emojis on Instagram, so I don't wanna use it anymore lol please help!!
Thanks all!

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I find the samsung keyboard itself seems to be okay but the predictive text is ridiculous and if i type a message out quickly it is rarely correct because the phone has decided to change perfectly normal words into random variations.

Ima try swiftkey

garycheweng

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey, everyone! I really hope someone can help me with this issue, because it is driving me mad...

I HATE auto-correct & predictive text. I didn't use it with my s2 or 3 and didn't have any issues with auto-capitalizing "i" or adding apostrophes where needed. When I type "dont", it doesn't automatically change it to "don't" - how can I fix this? Again, I do not want auto-correct or predictive text. Am I missing something? This is so annoying :mad:

PS When I use the Perfect Text app, it automatically caps "i" and adds apostrophes even with auto-correct/predictive text off, but it won't allow me to use emojis on Instagram, so I don't wanna use it anymore lol please help!!
Thanks all!

I tried using the below Step (1) and (2) and I able to add apostrophe to any words (eg. don't, I'll, etc)

I'm Galaxy Note 1 user and preferred to use 3x4 keyboard, hence needed to add "Abbreviation Text" to Predictive Dictionary. The usual 'Add Word' icon disappear after I updated the firmware to N7000DXLS8 (Baseband Version). I hope the below two steps able to help you in adding "Abbreviation Text".

Step (1) Key in one abbreviation text (tks = thanks) ONLY, then sent via sms messaging (Note: not via whatsapp messaging).
Step (2) Go to Setting / Language and Input / Samsung Keyboard Setting / Predictive Text and select "Learn from Messaging".

Note:
A) You may create a new contact with a phone Nos. 1234567 so that you can send "Abbreviation Text" to this new contact without disturbing your friends. Not to worry if encounter 'message not sent' because you still able to add "Abbreviation Text" to your predictive dictionary.

B) Refer to above Step (1)..... Enter one abbreviation text (tks = thanks) ONLY. It does not work if you send two abbreviation texts (example, lol and tks) in a single sms.

View attachment 143568

Bultaco

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Just switched to Swiftkey now. THANKS, guys.
I was looking to find why Samsung kboard stopped capping "i" in the middle of a sentence and found this thread. Glad I did........cause other things, like having to switch "panels" to find quotation marks. Sheesh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz