Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dkjames71
  • 1 Post By dkjames71
  • 1 Post By ibcop
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default SAMSUNG KEYBOARD WON'T AUTOMATICALLY CAP "i" OR ADD APOSTROPHES

Hey, everyone! I really hope someone can help me with this issue, because it is driving me mad...

I HATE auto-correct & predictive text. I didn't use it with my s2 or 3 and didn't have any issues with auto-capitalizing "i" or adding apostrophes where needed. When I type "dont", it doesn't automatically change it to "don't" - how can I fix this? Again, I do not want auto-correct or predictive text. Am I missing something? This is so annoying

PS When I use the Perfect Text app, it automatically caps "i" and adds apostrophes even with auto-correct/predictive text off, but it won't allow me to use emojis on Instagram, so I don't wanna use it anymore lol please help!!
    Thanks all!

Default Re: SAMSUNG KEYBOARD WON'T AUTOMATICALLY CAP "i" OR ADD APOSTROPHES

Ditch Samsung keyboard and get SwiftKey.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htype.swiftkey

Posted via Android Central App
    slcbtf likes this.

You will like SwiftKey!

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAMSUNG KEYBOARD WON'T AUTOMATICALLY CAP "i" OR ADD APOSTROPHES-screenshot_2014-06-17-00-40-51.jpg  
    debdroid1a likes this.

I find the samsung keyboard itself seems to be okay but the predictive text is ridiculous and if i type a message out quickly it is rarely correct because the phone has decided to change perfectly normal words into random variations.

Ima try swiftkey

Google Keyboard is also nice.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

SwiftKey is great and best of all it's free now!
    debdroid1a likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I'll check it out. Thanks!

I also say SwiftKey .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

I'm liking a.i. Keyboard too.

Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Google Keyboard is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Soho View Post
    Hey, everyone! I really hope someone can help me with this issue, because it is driving me mad...

I HATE auto-correct & predictive text. I didn't use it with my s2 or 3 and didn't have any issues with auto-capitalizing "i" or adding apostrophes where needed. When I type "dont", it doesn't automatically change it to "don't" - how can I fix this? Again, I do not want auto-correct or predictive text. Am I missing something? This is so annoying

PS When I use the Perfect Text app, it automatically caps "i" and adds apostrophes even with auto-correct/predictive text off, but it won't allow me to use emojis on Instagram, so I don't wanna use it anymore lol please help!!
    Thanks all!
    I tried using the below Step (1) and (2) and I able to add apostrophe to any words (eg. don't, I'll, etc)

I'm Galaxy Note 1 user and preferred to use 3x4 keyboard, hence needed to add "Abbreviation Text" to Predictive Dictionary. The usual 'Add Word' icon disappear after I updated the firmware to N7000DXLS8 (Baseband Version). I hope the below two steps able to help you in adding "Abbreviation Text".

Step (1) Key in one abbreviation text (tks = thanks) ONLY, then sent via sms messaging (Note: not via whatsapp messaging).
    Step (2) Go to Setting / Language and Input / Samsung Keyboard Setting / Predictive Text and select "Learn from Messaging".

Note:
    A) You may create a new contact with a phone Nos. 1234567 so that you can send "Abbreviation Text" to this new contact without disturbing your friends. Not to worry if encounter 'message not sent' because you still able to add "Abbreviation Text" to your predictive dictionary.

B) Refer to above Step (1)..... Enter one abbreviation text (tks = thanks) ONLY. It does not work if you send two abbreviation texts (example, lol and tks) in a single sms.

Attachment 143568