Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Picasa

Hi All,

Had a couple questions about Picasa. First, it's super annoying. I managed to get rid of it from my handset. My main question is whether or not Picasa stores the pictures shown on your devices memory? Or is this some sort of sync or streaming like feature. Streaming may be the wrong word, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Let me know.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Picasa

Picasa is the same as Google+ Photos. It won't automatically store any photo that you take in the cloud--you have to select Auto Backup to be On, or you have to share the photo yourself to Google+/Picasa. Picasa allows your Gallery app to display any of your cloud photos on your phone, but it won't allow your phone photos to be displayed in the cloud unless you actively make it happen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Picasa is the same as Google+ Photos. It won't automatically store any photo that you take in the cloud--you have to select Auto Backup to be On, or you have to share the photo yourself to Google+/Picasa. Picasa allows your Gallery app to display any of your cloud photos on your phone, but it won't allow your phone photos to be displayed in the cloud unless you actively make it happen.
    So these photos in Picasa shown on my device in a seperate folder are not stored on device memory, correct?

Those photos are probably stored as thumbnails. If you actually view one of the photos, I imagine the full size photo might be stored in the gallery's cache, but it won't be officially saved to your phone unless you select the download option.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok cool, I was just wondering. I managed to get rid of the app. Phone ran a little wonky for a bit after but seems to be better now.