Cases for S5 wireless charging cover

tacsniper

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up the wireless charging cover for the S5 and now both of my cases doesn't fit because of the added thickness of the wireless cover. Anyone else able to find a case/bumper with the wireless cover?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Bumper yes but I don't think there's any.

Right now I'm just swapping the covers whenever I want to use my case.

Pro S5

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the wireless charging cover for the S5 and now both of my cases doesn't fit because of the added thickness of the wireless cover. Anyone else able to find a case/bumper with the wireless cover?

I was in the boat. I'm now using the Belkin Air Protect Grip. I order the AMZER Bumper Case from ShopAndroid with my cover, but it didn't work. Went to Best Buy and the Belkin was the only that fit.

Steve

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was in the boat. I'm now using the Belkin Air Protect Grip. I order the AMZER Bumper Case from ShopAndroid with my cover, but it didn't work. Went to Best Buy and the Belkin was the only that fit.

Steve

Same here. The Belkin has a poor fit with the stock cover but fits great with the Wireless Cover. :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Bumper yes but I don't think there's any.

Right now I'm just swapping the covers whenever I want to use my case.

Pro S5

There are aluminum bumpers on eBay which is out for the s5. I've heard that the Belkin bumper does fit.

Posted via Android Central App

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Diztronic case and it fits OK. I used a heat gun to heat it up and stretch it a little, which made the fit a little better. It's not a perfect fit, but it is usable. All of the buttons work correctly, etc. I've been using it over a week now with no issues.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there a case that can fit the S5 with Samsung's wireless charging cover installed?

Is there a case that can fit the S5 with Samsung's wireless charging cover installed?

I'm thinking about getting it. However, all the reviews on Amazon and elsewhere
said phone cases would no longer fit, due to the increased thickness of the cover.
Going naked on the phone just seems scary to me.... but I do want wireless
charging. :(

Amazon.com: Samsung Wireless Charging Cover for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Attachments

• 812lNwrebtL._SL1500_.jpg
    812lNwrebtL._SL1500_.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 71

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there a case that can fit the S5 with Samsung's wireless charging cover installed?

Your best bet is a Bumper style case. A few of us including myself are using the Belkin Bumper and it fits perfectly. The back is exposed but considering the cover is removable it's just as replaceable as a case is. Plus any heat from the charging won't be trapped.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...BBumper%2BS5%26cp%3D1%26lp%3D1&token=zfH2LVY7

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Diztronic case and it fits OK. I used a heat gun to heat it up and stretch it a little, which made the fit a little better. It's not a perfect fit, but it is usable. All of the buttons work correctly, etc. I've been using it over a week now with no issues.

I found that case to fit poorly but to each their own. The lip pops off easily for my liking.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I found that case to fit poorly but to each their own. The lip pops off easily for my liking.

Hmm, interesting. Did you try to heat the case up to stretch it? That's what I did, and it seems to be fine. Lip stays on. There is a little silver edging visible, but volume and power buttons work fine.

gdjenkins10

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there a case that can fit the S5 with Samsung's wireless charging cover installed?

I went into Best Buy last night to get the bumper case. They are not restocking this item anymore. Limited to what they have on hand in the stores. Hopefully more options will pop up once the wireless back cover is reliably available.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I went into Best Buy last night to get the bumper case. They are not restocking this item anymore. Limited to what they have on hand in the stores. Hopefully more options will pop up once the wireless back cover is reliably available.

Strange, every Best Buy around me has stock and I doubt they didn't order more. In your case though how about ordering from Belkin direct?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

jleemess

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the incipio dual pro. It works perfectly. Came from an Otterbox defender which did not work at all

jleemess

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes the incipio dual pro... Fits with oem Samsung wireless back..... FYI they are in Stock at corporate Verizon stores.. And they let me try it before purchasing.

Matthew Keith

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm wanting to switch to wireless charging, but I spent the $90 bucks for a Otterbox Preserver Series case (which I really like), and don't feel like I wasted my money and not use it. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.