Have taken advantage of S5's Waterproof?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Whether it's accidental, used it while it's raining or just to simply show the feature off.

I've done it all including accidentally dropping it in the (clear) toilet. LOL

Pro S5

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've used the phone while it was raining which I never used to do. That's as much adventure as I've had so far. I'll be taking it on a boat where water kicks up in a few weeks but I'm not worried. :D

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I treat the water resistance as an extra layer of insurance...protection. All it takes is just one seal loose and you're going to have a bad day.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I used my phone in the rain and it felt nice to not have to worry about it.

I have used past devices in the rain and I always tryed to cover them to shield them from the rain, now I don't have to worry anymore.

I still can't get past the natural reflex to flinch whenever water comes near my smartphone, i doubt I'll be able to take it to the pool or wash it under the tap.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

vikingraid

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

I have used past devices in the rain and I always tryed to cover them to shield them from the rain, now I don't have to worry anymore.

I still can't get past the natural reflex to flinch whenever water comes near my smartphone, i doubt I'll be able to take it to the pool or wash it under the tap.

I have use a lot of non-waterproof phones in rain and often times, the screen is full of water droplets like a cars windscreen. Nothing happened to them.

I think issue arises when water gets soaked in from the headphone/charging ports.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

If my phone gets rained on, that means my hair gets rained on. THAT'S not going to happen if I can help it ;)
It did get splashed on a bit at mom's pool by the grandbabies. No hiccups.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have use a lot of non-waterproof phones in rain and often times, the screen is full of water droplets like a cars windscreen. Nothing happened to them.

I think issue arises when water gets soaked in from the headphone/charging ports.

I wasn't concerned about the screen since the glass isn't permeable, i was mainly concerned about the ports getting water damaged.

I had a scare last year when a pressurized hose broke near me and ended up soaking me completely. The pocket holding my S4 was completely filled to the brim with water. The S4 started rebooting and having phantom button presses at first and the only way I could shut it down was by removing the battery as the screen was freaking out. When I removed the back cover, I found water beneath it and that's when I was truly scared but after leaving the S4 in the sun for 45 minutes to dry out, I turned it back on later on and it was good as new :)

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been known to run water from the faucet over mine after kids with sticky fingers use my phone. I also like freaking people out by drop it in our kitchen sink at work.

Steve

Posted via Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have taken mine out to text in the rain. That's as far as I'm going with the water tricks. Lol

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I've used mine underwater in the pool and ocean (before anyone freaks out, yes I rinsed it off and its been fine!), I use it in the shower to listen to music, I've ran water over it to remove sticky fingerprints. I've also used it in the rain to text or whatever...I've used it in the rain and it was fine. I use it to have fun like harry4sha said. I have insurance for a reason right?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've taken mine in the pool and everything is fine. It's okay to have fun with your s5

I'm going to mexico next month and I want to be able to be near the water with my phone , but I'm still stuck on the " phone + water = bad". Lol

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Threw it in the pool and swam with it, had a blast. I will not be endorsing a product if it can not do what it claims, proud to announce it does exactly what it claims. The speaker sounds funky for awhile until it dries out though.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Directed towards the people who take their phone swimming with them, did you immediately dump your phone in the pool or did you first "test" the water resistance in a sink or bowl of water?

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Threw it right in no testing, I wanted to know now rather then down the road if my phone would really be okay. I figure with in the 2 weeks If something happened I could easily get a new one. Thankfully I did not need to do that bc it handled the pool like a PRO. They say 3ft for 30 mins but it handles huge depth for shorter times. Tested at 9 ft for a few mins and never skipped a beat. We even like to toss it in the pool at night and dive after it cause it lights up the whole pool. Lol

Bryan Nayrb

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
rains all the time in missouri and I mine gets sprinkled a good bit. I do have the insurance on the phone though which covers anything and also have a case + [uber cheap] screen protector.

I've yet to completely submerge it by accident.... but have had a past of somehow landing phones in the sink / toilet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams