Lifeproof + Wireless charging..

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
So I'm thinking of picking up a lifeproof case for my S5 but I wanted to know if anyone has tried the wireless charging with it on.. Will it work? Wireless charging would be a big + for me as I don't have to open the 2 port covers everytime I want to charge.

Sent from my SM-G900P using AC Forums mobile app

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So I'm thinking of picking up a lifeproof case for my S5 but I wanted to know if anyone has tried the wireless charging with it on.. Will it work? Wireless charging would be a big + for me as I don't have to open the 2 port covers everytime I want to charge.

Sent from my SM-G900P using AC Forums mobile app

Did you contact Lifeproof & ask them?

That would be my starting point........

Maberle2005

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone came up with an answer to this? I have the lifeproof case but am thinking about dumping it for something I can use wireless charging and other accessories with

jmactacular

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
@ tsparks1

Do you have the samsung wireless charging back cover replacement from samsung? Or are you using a Qi aftermarked little attachment from ebay that sticks under the existing cover.

Eithan McDonald

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Qi has a kit on ebay, $10 with charging pad, that works through the Lifeproof case; I've noticed that the phone has to be placed just right. It appears this is caused by the Lifeproof case bump-outs for the speaker and camera.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have two different Qi charger pads and two S5 phones that both have the same Spec CandyShell case on them.

Both of the phones are ticklish about being placed on the charger pad in "just the right place" to get the wireless charger going.

Both w/o the case will instantly start charging and aren't so picky about being placed correctly.

I have discovered on both of my pads, the "correct way" is for the pad cable to be at the "rear side" and the S5 top to be towards the pad's cable.

I have also discovered that placing the S5 over the pad, sliding it down towards the non-cable end and then slide it back up towards the cable end will cause it to start charging immediately.

It takes a bit of practice to discover how your case and charger pad combo work together.

The issue is, the case adds "space between" the phone and the charger pad. This reduces the field intensity of the charging pad's transmitter to the phone's wireless receiver coil.

These things are sold at $10-20 bucks, and don't have any extra power to be sloppy about phone placement with a case on the phone.

No case? not so bad, charges "now" as long as it is on the pad.