Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Default S finder emergency update?

I just got a pop up saying I had to do an emergency update for s finder. I cant find no info about it online so I closed it. Did anyone else geg this or know if its legit?

Sent from my G-S5 using Tapatalk.
    get in da mix

Default Re: S finder emergency update?

Quote Originally Posted by djjeffa View Post
    I just got a pop up saying I had to do an emergency update for s finder. I cant find no info about it online so I closed it. Did anyone else geg this or know if its legit?

I too got this. Looks suspicious to me. Waiting further news before I touch it.

I got it too. Note 3...Not sure what to do

Quote Originally Posted by djjeffa View Post

I got it too and cancelled the msg by fault without reading it I can't even find the update anymore

I cant find it either now. I just restarted the phone to see if it would pop up again, and still nothing.

I got one too!

I got the same popup today on my Note 3. I decided to follow thru with the update. It installed really fast.
    After, I went to my 'Settings> General> Application Manager' and scrolled down to S Finder to find more info. Now I have version 1.3. I do not know the version I had before this update.

Could anybody confirm here what version they have before and after this update?

the update showed up in the "Samsung Apps" app for me as an update, appears it came straight from Samsung, at least in my case

I haven't gotten the update yet. I am on version 1.0 with verizon.

I went ahead an installed the update on my Sprint Galaxy S5 (stock with Touchwiz/Kit Kat).

S-Finder is now at version 2.2.

Looks exactly the same as it did before, so it's probably just bug and/or security fixes.

It just happened on my S5. I proceeded the update. I didnt know if it was offical update, and I havent find any different after the update, appears to be safe, at least it didnt affect the normal function of my S5.

I got this too and did install it. Now I cannot find an app for it anywhere on my phone? I can see it if I go to settings and apps but I have no idea what this app is or what it does. Now this evening a couple of hours after installing it I get an update telling me Samsung Billing has been installed?

Can anyone please shed any light?

Thanks

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Just adding that I got it as well, Sprint Note 3.

No real outward changes...

It's legitimate. If you ever have a doubt about a Samsung app, go to the Samsung App store and look it up. For S Finder, if you are logged into your Samsung Account you should be able to hit Menu in Samsung Apps and then choose Purchased to see that an update is there for the app. Purchased does not mean you paid extra money for - it includes some preloaded and free apps. Some of the preloaded apps will only show there when there is an update available.

I have an S5 (AT&T) and nowhere can I find S.finder. anyone have, any idea as to why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    I have an S5 (AT&T) and nowhere can I find S.finder. anyone have, any idea as to why?

While I don't have your phone, I believe you will find it if you do the two finger swipe down on the home screen so that you can view all the pulldown icons.

I unloaded the update, S-Finder has backed to version 1.0.

S finder is a great app. Just swipe down and above the brightness adjuster the icon will be there. It works just like the search function on the iPhone. It will simultaneously search for anything on your phone and on the net. Easiest way to find stuff on your phone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Ok, thanks, found it. Yes it is a great little app. Is there a way to tell what version I have. I don't think I got the update.

Ok, thanks, found it. Yes it is a great little app. Is there a way to tell what version I have. I don't think I got the update.

Go to settings, application manager, then s finder. Tap s finder and it will show u there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S finder emergency update?-1403188307193.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Ok, thanks. I am showing version 2.2, is that the latest updated version?

Yes 2.2 is the latest

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    It's legitimate. If you ever have a doubt about a Samsung app, go to the Samsung App store and look it up. For S Finder, if you are logged into your Samsung Account you should be able to hit Menu in Samsung Apps and then choose Purchased to see that an update is there for the app. Purchased does not mean you paid extra money for - it includes some preloaded and free apps. Some of the preloaded apps will only show there when there is an update available.
    Can you help elaborate on steps to see "purchased" Samsung apps (including free ones like you mention)? The only menu option I see is "payment methods", but maybe I'm in the wrong place. I believe I'm logged in. I've never purchased anything from Samsung apps store, but this would be a handy way to see free app updates. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App - Verizon S5

Tap on the Samsung App icon.

Tap on the upper right conner of the scrre.

Tap on Purchased.

Hope that helps.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Tap on the Samsung App icon.

Tap on the upper right conner of the scrre.

Tap on Purchased.

Hope that helps.

Hmmm. That's where I tried, but I only have payment methods that show up in that menu. But thanks!

Posted via Android Central App - Verizon S5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast