Connecting to router?

DCDSports

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello there. Random problem while traveling I'm visiting my mother in law in Denmark, and my S5 wont connect to her internet router. My ipad and my wife's iPhone find her wifi with no problems, but my s5? No luck at all. Even added manually, it can't be found.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello there. Random problem while traveling I'm visiting my mother in law in Denmark, and my S5 wont connect to her internet router. My ipad and my wife's iPhone find her wifi with no problems, but my s5? No luck at all. Even added manually, it can't be found.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Well, that seems quite weird !! Try restarting the router as well as your S5 and also make sure that your router is broadcasting its SSID sometimes, what I use to do is I hide my SSID in order to make my network more hidden, so devices which knows about my wifi network can only connect and see me manually ! So better to look onto those things to....

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

If you're not having any problems connecting to any other wifi, it's probably just theirs needs a firmware update. In the past there were some brands that had issues connecting to a variety of android phones. Dlink comes to mind in particular. All that was needed was updating the router's firmware and problem solved. See if you can find out what brand and model wifi router they use and check for a firmware update. Next time you're there, update it for them and see if that takes care of it.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
OMG the phone will be fine there are alot of older routers that the phone will not connect to
Manley any Netgear based router netgear have had serious issues with samsung phones well any android and are only no waking upto the fact that there is life outside of Apple
So the issues is with the router not the phone

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15