Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Connecting to router?

Hello there. Random problem while traveling I'm visiting my mother in law in Denmark, and my S5 wont connect to her internet router. My ipad and my wife's iPhone find her wifi with no problems, but my s5? No luck at all. Even added manually, it can't be found.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Connecting to router?

Quote Originally Posted by DCDSports View Post
    Hello there. Random problem while traveling I'm visiting my mother in law in Denmark, and my S5 wont connect to her internet router. My ipad and my wife's iPhone find her wifi with no problems, but my s5? No luck at all. Even added manually, it can't be found.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    Well, that seems quite weird !! Try restarting the router as well as your S5 and also make sure that your router is broadcasting its SSID sometimes, what I use to do is I hide my SSID in order to make my network more hidden, so devices which knows about my wifi network can only connect and see me manually ! So better to look onto those things to....

Quote Originally Posted by DCDSports View Post

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    If you're not having any problems connecting to any other wifi, it's probably just theirs needs a firmware update. In the past there were some brands that had issues connecting to a variety of android phones. Dlink comes to mind in particular. All that was needed was updating the router's firmware and problem solved. See if you can find out what brand and model wifi router they use and check for a firmware update. Next time you're there, update it for them and see if that takes care of it.

OMG the phone will be fine there are alot of older routers that the phone will not connect to
    Manley any Netgear based router netgear have had serious issues with samsung phones well any android and are only no waking upto the fact that there is life outside of Apple
    So the issues is with the router not the phone