Phone keeps saying connections available

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I never used to get this pop up connections available. Why is it doing this? I don't even have wifi enabled.

Check your wifi settings. Go to Settings > wifi > then tap the three dot menu button and select Advanced > turn off Network notification and Always allow scanning. Then it should not do that anymore.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
How do I do that? Do I lose anything?

No you won't lose anything doing this, it only clears the temp files in the cache partition

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
Volume Up key
Home key
Power key
When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
Press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

fandroid18

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I disabled the new apps that could cause it but it's still happening. I have no clue if it's a recent update. I'm on Verizon but also notice little boxes popping up with other messages like deleted for messages I delete. I never saw these boxes but mainly connections available shows up the most.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I disabled the new apps that could cause it but it's still happening. I have no clue if it's a recent update. I'm on Verizon but also notice little boxes popping up with other messages like deleted for messages I delete. I never saw these boxes but mainly connections available shows up the most.

I haven't found any Verizon specific reasons that may cause what you're experiencing. Doesn't look like any others have posted any recommendations either. I know it's a pain to set things back up but a factory data restore may be your best option at this point. If you choose to do a FDR it will erase all your data so back up anything you want to keep. It will give you a clean new install of the factory software but you will have to start all over setting things up. You could do a backup using Samsung Kies on a computer and reload from the backup but if you do, that may reintroduce the problem you are having. A clean reset and setup from scratch may be the best approach.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm on Verizon and I am not getting any of those pop ups with my S5.

When my home WiFi is in range, I get one that states it is connected, but I don't recall ever seeing a popup that says a WiFi is available.

there is a cure for that. Switch WiFi off and leave it off until you have a need for it.
I use Battery Doctor's switcher widget to turn WiFi off until there is a need for it. No point in it looking for signals 75 miles away from the nearest town all day long.

I also turn off DATA for the same reason. If the last ranch house you saw was 2 hours ago, no point in looking for DATA either. 1x works every where, but not 4g.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781