Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone Malfunctioning

I got my Galaxy S5 a few weeks ago, and I love it. Except now, it's misbehaving. Several things aren't working correctly on the phone, or not working at all. I'll try to make a list of things that aren't working correctly. Remember, the phone seemed to work perfectly when I got it.

• Wifi doesn't save the network password, or automatically connect (it did when I got the phone)
    • When I go into certain settings, the settings app crashes
    • The phone resets itself. Probably every 15 minutes or so.
    • Sometimes when the phone is coming on, it'll freeze at the T-Mobile part, and the screen will start flashing the T-Mobile logo
    • Auto-rotation doesn't work correctly. It works on the camera app, but that's it. Auto rotation is set to on in the settings, and I checked all of my sensors using a 3rd party app, and they all seem to be working.

I've done a hard-reset on my phone twice. The second time, I didn't even login to Google, so none of my apps would be installed. This really doesn't seem like a hardware problem, but I just don't know what it could be on the software side of things. Does factory reset not completely wipe and re-install the device? Is there a way to do so?

Default Re: Phone Malfunctioning

If you have done a factory reset and the issue is still occurring. Your best bet is to have T-Mobile replace the device. Factory reset is always the last resort for the device. This is what Samsung requires all mobile carriers to do before sending it back. That's because it solves 90% of the phone issues. Good luck

Posted via Galaxy S5

If you're having frequent resets and freezing on boot up, I'd agree with Rmedy21, get a replacement...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys, but the thing is, I'm pretty sure I accidentally voided my warranty when I uninstalled Knox. That wouldn't be the problem for it behaving this way, would it?