- 14 Posts
I got my Galaxy S5 a few weeks ago, and I love it. Except now, it's misbehaving. Several things aren't working correctly on the phone, or not working at all. I'll try to make a list of things that aren't working correctly. Remember, the phone seemed to work perfectly when I got it.
- Wifi doesn't save the network password, or automatically connect (it did when I got the phone)
- When I go into certain settings, the settings app crashes
- The phone resets itself. Probably every 15 minutes or so.
- Sometimes when the phone is coming on, it'll freeze at the T-Mobile part, and the screen will start flashing the T-Mobile logo
- Auto-rotation doesn't work correctly. It works on the camera app, but that's it. Auto rotation is set to on in the settings, and I checked all of my sensors using a 3rd party app, and they all seem to be working.
I've done a hard-reset on my phone twice. The second time, I didn't even login to Google, so none of my apps would be installed. This really doesn't seem like a hardware problem, but I just don't know what it could be on the software side of things. Does factory reset not completely wipe and re-install the device? Is there a way to do so?
- 06-19-2014, 12:47 PM #2
- 358 Posts
Re: Phone Malfunctioning
If you have done a factory reset and the issue is still occurring. Your best bet is to have T-Mobile replace the device. Factory reset is always the last resort for the device. This is what Samsung requires all mobile carriers to do before sending it back. That's because it solves 90% of the phone issues. Good luck
Posted via Galaxy S5
- 06-19-2014, 01:06 PM #3
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2014, 11:50 PM
- By fandroid18 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 18Last Post: 06-22-2014, 12:15 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-20-2014, 08:27 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2014, 12:28 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2014, 08:34 PM