Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't get the internet working on new s5

Hi can someone help me out I can't get the internet to work on my new s5 got the mobile data on ! Do I have to download the setting or something many thanks

Default Re: Can't get the internet working on new s5

Quote Originally Posted by tony5496 View Post
    Hi can someone help me out I can't get the internet to work on my new s5 got the mobile data on ! Do I have to download the setting or something many thanks
    Is it not working over mobile data or wifi? And when you switched from your iPhone did you just swap your SIM card or did you go to a carrier and change phones and sim?

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I'm having the same issue! For some reason, wifi works at hotspots, but not at my own house! Meanwhile, everything else in my house that uses wifi (the cable, computer, phone, laptop, etc.) connects with no problem. I went to AT&T with the issue & they gave me a new SIM, but that didn't work either. I'm so frustrated because so much data gets used at my house, which is where I spend most of my time...

Any suggestions?

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Soho View Post
    I'm having the same issue! For some reason, wifi works at hotspots, but not at my own house! Meanwhile, everything else in my house that uses wifi (the cable, computer, phone, laptop, etc.) connects with no problem. I went to AT&T with the issue & they gave me a new SIM, but that didn't work either. I'm so frustrated because so much data gets used at my house, which is where I spend most of my time...

Any suggestions?

=)
    What brand and model of wifi router do you have? It may just need an update to its firmware, that's been a common problem with many android phones.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Not sure about the model, but it's a Linksys router. How do I update the firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Soho View Post
    Not sure about the model, but it's a Linksys router. How do I update the firmware?

Thanks in advance!
    Each brand has their own way of doing updates. Generally, you will need to connect a computer directly to the router with an Ethernet cable and log into the router through its web interface. I would suggest going to the support pages for Linksys once you determine exactly which model you have. I'm sure you will find step by step instructions there. Linksys has a pretty good website with informative support topics.
    Thanked by:

You may want to try shutting the router off and then reboot it. That may help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Each brand has their own way of doing updates. Generally, you will need to connect a computer directly to the router with an Ethernet cable and log into the router through its web interface. I would suggest going to the support pages for Linksys once you determine exactly which model you have. I'm sure you will find step by step instructions there. Linksys has a pretty good website with informative support topics.
    THANKS A LOT!!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    You may want to try shutting the router off and then reboot it. That may help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Yeah, I've tried that about a million times lol doesn't work. Sucks because that's usually a quick fix for everything! Ha

Posted via Android Central App