Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2

Got the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2-uploadfromtaptalk1403270721296.jpgGot the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2-uploadfromtaptalk1403270729521.jpg

Global Posts
    31,337 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Got the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2

Pretty good. It will probably get a little better after the battery settles in.

Default Re: Got the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2

yes, the battery life does improve somewhat with use.

It also gets better as we learn what consumes it the most and get rid of the bloatware (anything not needed)

This screenshot shows my S5 taking a nice easy nap while I was watching TV mostly and using it lightly.

Not too shabby at holding 100% for 2-1/2 hours, eh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2-battery-100-2h-25m.jpg  

When I first pre-ordered my S5, I almost ordered a spare battery and a charging station for it.

I had such a setup with my previous Galaxy S which needed to be recharged 3 times a day with the way I used it. Long conversations with a BT headset. Two truckers who need to keep their eyes awake tend to talk and talk and talk for hundreds of miles

Now, being semi-retired, life has a gentler pace and so does my favorite phone, the S5.

I didn't take a screen shot but last night when I put my phone on charge, I was at 1 day, 17 hours and 10 or 11% battery life left. Usage was almost 4 hours. And that's with everything on...GPS/location, sync, wifi more than half that time, etc. I don't "dumb down" my phone just so I can get 4 or 5 days out of the battery Anyway, that's a typical phone scenario for me so I'm pleased with the battery life

Global Posts
    9,052 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

I got my GS5 a week ago and I am also very pleased with the battery life so far.
    Got the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2-1403282441251.jpg

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I got my GS5 a week ago and I am also very pleased with the battery life so far.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1403282441251.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	124342

You are the man!!! I think I need to get my eyes checked if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing on that screen time.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    You are the man!!! I think I need to get my eyes checked if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing on that screen time.
    That has to be a bug. No way he used his phone for 18 hours on one charge.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Give it a few weeks and the battery will die faster. This is my second month on the s5 and battery lasts about 13hours with avg 3 hour screen time....

The panda has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post

Agreed.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Today was another doctor visit day for the wife's cataract follow up.... I was relegated to the waiting room and looking for something to do.

So, I called up my trucker buddy and we yammered on much about nothing for a few hundred miles. While doing that, I cruised the news on the local TV stations and found an article about our daughter had saved a man when an adjacent apartment to his, caught fire.

http://www.newson6.com/story/2583282...nt-during-fire

Nice to get her 15 minutes of fame. They gave her a Thank You card, a box of chocolates, and a $50 gift certificate to Chili's Restaurant. All well appreciated by her, and us.

All that just to say that I used the phone a bunch today and the battery is still doing good.... it is early, but 5 hrs plus and 83% still left to go.

Everything is turned ON, a screenshot for the battery and the ON stuff.

Love the S5, it works like a desktop PC and so smooth..... (now that I know my way around it)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2-5-hours-talking-andy.jpg   Got the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2-everything-.jpg  

Global Posts
    9,052 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Agreed.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    You guys are just jealous of this master of time!

It was in one charge, but you also have to pay attention to my signature...👇

Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

You guys are just jealous of this master of time!

It was in one charge, but you also have to pay attention to my signature...👇

No, I'm saying it because it's practically impossible. Not even tablets get battery life like that 😜

Global Posts
    9,052 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Did you read my signature?
    I'm a time traveler T!
    You should know that by now! 😂😝

Global Posts
    9,052 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Here's one from today.
    Got the S5 yesterday, liking that the battery life can almost match my G2-1403414572349.jpg

Definitely love the battery on my S5 and after rooting the phone and getting rid it of bloatware I'm averaging 24 hours plus. I just laugh at my iPhone friends

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I didn't take a screen shot but last night when I put my phone on charge, I was at 1 day, 17 hours and 10 or 11% battery life left. Usage was almost 4 hours. And that's with everything on...GPS/location, sync, wifi more than half that time, etc. I don't "dumb down" my phone just so I can get 4 or 5 days out of the battery Anyway, that's a typical phone scenario for me so I'm pleased with the battery life
    How many widgets do you use?
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Here's one from today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1403414572349.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	124533

See...that's a lot more normal 😝

Not much of a widget user. I have the default weather/time widget and A Sticky Note.

Global Posts
    9,052 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

See...that's a lot more normal 😝

Oh shut up T!
    You're crazy! 😜
    Hehe

Almost isn't good enough #neversettle