How do I readjust the screen brightness on my phone?

angela_g

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
galaxy s5 screen dark - almost black - restarting doesn't solve

The screen on my 2-week-old Galaxy S5 suddenly went very dark, almost but not quite black, when I was making a setting adjustment - lowering the sound for notifications. (I have no idea if this setting adjustment is related or not). The screen went almost completely black. If I press the home button, the screen stays very dark but I can see well enough (and use memory) to press my pin numbers and OK, but screen still stays VERY DARK. As in unusable. Screen touch is fine. I removed battery to restart, the Samsung and Android screens came up as bright as always, but then when it was fully on and in regular use mode, it went dark again.

Note: I did not make any adjustments for visual/screen. It went dark when I was adjusting SOUND. and only for notifications. How do I solve this and get my phone back????

Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I tried to "undark" the phone by calling it. Made no difference. Phone rang fine and I could answer but screen stayed dark.

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: galaxy s5 screen dark - almost black - restarting doesn't solve

Whats your brightness set at on the phone? Is it set to auto?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: galaxy s5 screen dark - almost black - restarting doesn't solve

Pull down the Notification bar from the top and make sure the Brightness level is at least a 1/4th of the way over to the right.

It gets very dark in the last 1/4 inch of the left side of that slide rule.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non