Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Google Music App opens randomly [seemingly]

When I check for unwelcome open apps running in the background, the one app that keeps reappearing without me ever having used it in the first place, is the Google music play app. I wonder what's triggering this app? Any ideas?

Killing it off from running in the background really helps with the already great battery life on this phone, just wish it wouldn't keep reappearing on it's own.

I'm running a stock Samsung KitKat 4.4.2 OS with no modified themes etc..

Default Re: Google Music App opens randomly [seemingly]

It has done this on my Samsung phones for awhile now.... No clue what causes it. I haven't noticed a battery hit due to it though.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

If you look ve r u closely there are several apps that seem to appear from nowhere. There us a widget that you can use that tells you how many apps are running. I have been watching this since I got my S5 a few weeks ago. Some of the apps remain running if you don't exult them correctly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

If you look closely at their cpu usage and awake time, as long as you don't actually use them they don't use much if any power at all.

Besides Google music rules. You can upload up to 20,000 songs of your own and stream/download from every computer, android phone, and apple phone in the world. Amazing.

Try it. It's free unless you subscribe to the radio service (no need to)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Thanks for your replies everyone. I'm not using a widget to see what's open, I'm just using the stock icon in recent apps as shown here to tell me what's left open.

Anyway, we'll see if there's some more discussion on this in the future and a possible fix, if it is a real issue after all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google Music App opens randomly [seemingly]-screenshot_recent-apps.png