Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ultra power saving mode just got better, now you can add any app you want to it.

Another reason to root your S5 which is very easy by the way now. Steps, root your phone and download the app name S5 UPSM manager from the play store and then you can add any app to it. Awesome!!!
    Ultra power saving mode just got better,  now you can add any app you want to it.-uploadfromtaptalk1403306391719.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Default Re: Ultra power saving mode just got better, now you can add any app you want to it.

Not bad. I could see many people being happy with this so they can use other important apps while running UPSM.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Ultra power saving mode just got better, now you can add any app you want to it.

Exactly, I especially love that I can use the camera now.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely go check it out.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T

I won't root and will wait to see if an unrooted version becomes available or Samsung simply upgrades UPSM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Welcome WhiteipadMini, sirmaru good luck waiting on Samsung.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

This is cool, but I too will wait to root for now. I mainly use the mode at night so I don't have to leave the phone plugged in, but it is another example of the power you get from rooting!

Posted via Android Central App

What apps are we limited to adding to it as is?

That almost defects the purpose of Ultra Power Saving Mode but that's cool though

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    That almost defects the purpose of Ultra Power Saving Mode but that's cool though

Kind of. It depends on what app you add. As someone said the camera? No.. It isn't going to cause massive drain.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post

Not at all man, I put the camera app and I almost got the same estimate. In a emergency with no charges around, ultra power saving mode is priceless.

Sent from my Galaxy S5