Who is still using their Galaxy S5 "naked" and why?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My GS5 is still naked and I really like it that way.

But I work in construction and have had a few close calls, so I guess I will be getting a case pretty soon.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Since I'm using an aluminum bumper. I guess I can call it semi-naked since it only protects the sides. I'm using a bumper case because I have an OEM wireless charging cover for my S5 and I find that in most cases, bumper cases is the way to go. Plus the wireless charging cover acts as a case for the back since it protects the camera.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Not only does a case help to protect it but (for me) it also feels better and more secure in my hand. Goodness, I can't imagine working in construction and NOT having a case :eek: My husband works in construction. He installs carpet and wood. He can't even have a smart phone. It wouldn't last a week. He uses military grade flip phones! The dirt, dust, sweat and heat would ruin it if he didn't break the screen first.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Now that the bezel got dinged, put it in the wrong pocket I'm over it. I only use my Case Mate tough Sport at work. I work in factory and figured why leave it at home.

Pro S5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Running naked works great if you're in low risk areas but Star... You need one for your line of work. Protect that baby! :D

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Using the stock white back, I use my super thin clear case for a better grip. When I'm using my electric blue OEM back with a grippy feel, it rolls naked.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I am using an Aluminium Bumper case from Lovemei on Ebay. I really love how it makes the phone feel, it feels like it should always have been there in a way. Also I can't see how you would ever drop your phone directly on the front or back but I have a Glass Screen Protector too which is awesome. You can get both for 10 quid on ebay.

Anyone else with a bumper case find it impacts the signal at all?

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was worried about signal attenuation with aluminum so I just got a cheap thin clear TPU case that keeps my (just received!) electric blue back visible and makes the device feel much slimmer than the Spigen neo hybrid case I was using earlier:

For Samsung Galaxy S5 SV TPU Bumper Frame Hard Color Clear Case Cover | eBay

(I realize this will not protect from a legitimate drop, but I wanted to protect the chintzy chrome sides from scratches with small drops from my pocket). I am loving the blue so much - can't stop pulling my phone out of my pocket to look at it.

I am using an Aluminium Bumper case from Lovemei on Ebay. I really love how it makes the phone feel, it feels like it should always have been there in a way. Also I can't see how you would ever drop your phone directly on the front or back but I have a Glass Screen Protector too which is awesome. You can get both for 10 quid on ebay.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Get an case, why risk it

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I know, I just happened to got my phone using my sister's upgrade.

I wasn't going to do that so it ended up as a last minute thing.

At least today I got me this. 👇
1403400015361.jpg

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm using an aluminum bumper. I guess I can call it semi-naked since it only protects the sides. I'm using a bumper case because I have an OEM wireless charging cover for my S5 and I find that in most cases, bumper cases is the way to go. Plus the wireless charging cover acts as a case for the back since it protects the camera.

Which charging cover do you have, the S-View cover or the regular charging back cover?

And where did you get it?

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Do you have a link for the bumper you use?

I want to get a bumper case but not one of those cheap crappy silicone ones.

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who is still using their Galaxy S5 "naked" and why?

At least today I got me this. ??????
View attachment 124496

Hummm, that's not the HD version of the Zagg invisible Shield. If you're not satisfied with the screen quality, maybe they'll let you exchange it.

- - - Updated - - -

At least today I got me this. 👇
View attachment 124496

Hummm, that's not the HD version of the Zagg invisible Shield. If you're not satisfied with the screen quality, maybe they'll let you exchange it.

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Who is still using their Galaxy S5 "naked" and why?

Personally, I dislike cases for phones in general. Putting a piece of plastic over my beautiful smartphone just doesn't make any sense most of the time. I do own a case and will put it on if I am going hiking or something along those lines. I work in IT so 5 days out of the week, my phone sits at my desk unless I am on it. I did get a Zagg glass screen protector on it.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Which charging cover do you have, the S-View cover or the regular charging back cover?

And where did you get it?

the regular charging cover, I never liked the flip covers. I got mine at the Flagship Samsung Mobile Store in Korea. It should be available on samsung.com