Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Galaxy S5 "Check Battery Cover" & "SD Card is blank" HELP!

First problem, I've had my Galaxy S5 for a few weeks now but just a few days ago the "check battery cover" has been popping up every single time I unlock my phone. EVERY SINGLE TIME. No, not when I unplug it from charging or when I turn it on and off, it's every time I unlock it.

Second problem, I keep getting a notification that my SD Card is blank or loose. IT'S NOT. But this one comes and goes, I just want it to STOP! It's REALLY annoying.

I've restarted the phone, checked the back cover, made sure every corner clicked literally like 50 times, and the notifications STILL come up! I'm not rough with my phone at all, so there's no way I must've knocked some sensitive part on the back. I called Samsung Support and not even THEY knew how to fix it!

I'm not new to android and I do NOT want to restore to factory settings.

PLEASE HELP! I'm very sure others have had this problem too.

Default Re: Galaxy S5 "Check Battery Cover" & "SD Card is blank" HELP!

You need to restore to factory settings and see if it happens again. If not it may be an app or file causing this problem. I would install your apps one at a time to make sure it's not the one causing this issue.
    Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

As it sounds like a misbehaving app why don't you start uninstalling apps you've recently downloaded and see if that clears things up. I say this because you indicated that things were fine until a few days ago. To me that says there's an app behaving badly. Otherwise I'm afraid you'll habe to resort to the dreaded hard reset.
    Sent from Verizon Galaxy S5 (usually) in NYC
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I haven't downloaded any apps recently. I deleted all apps I've downloaded (which were about 10). The message stopped popping up for about an hour, but it came back! Also, the notification icon still shows up saying my SD Card is blank. :/
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'm afraid of restoring it and seeing the same problems :/ If I find no other alternatives I will have to restore the phone

My guess is a hardware issue with the SIM card and/or its slot. I'd get a replacement if a factory restore doesn't fix the problem.