GSam Battery monitor users

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been having battery issues recently. So have installed this app to see what's going on.

See below screen shot. I have noticed that on full charge is says 1800mah. The S5 has a 2800mah battery. Can any other users of this app confirm that it tells them they have 2800mah on a full charge?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-21-11-56-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-21-11-56-08.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 49

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
GSam needs an upgrade for that and for its operation when UPSM is activated. Since UPSM shuts down GSAM, its statistics are flawed.

At 80% charge GSAM shows only 450 mA which is way off.

Maybe UPSM will be upgraded to allow user selection of GSAM to stay active during that mode. There is a UPSM modification app now available in the Google Play Store which allows GSAM to run during UPSM but it requires rooting. Thus, I don't use it.

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So based on in what a couple have said, I should delete the app because it gives false information?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So based on in what a couple have said, I should delete the app because it gives false information?

if you can't depend on all of what it displays, how can you trust any of what it displays.

A forensic tool is either "all correct" or it is suspect.

GSAM is suspect until it is totally accurate.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I use GSam to tell me how long my charging will take. I leave it on while charging and can peak at the time left. It can't be used for any other purpose until it gets an upgrade to allow it to function with UPSM enabled.

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
if you can't depend on all of what it displays, how can you trust any of what it displays.

A forensic tool is either "all correct" or it is suspect.

GSAM is suspect until it is totally accurate.

Cool.

I'm gonna delete it now.

What would you guys say is the best app for this kind of thing?

I don't want to kill apps, clear RAM etc, just purely monitor battery usage etc.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

[TD="class: postdetailstd"]
I use GSam to tell me how long my charging will take. I leave it on while charging and can peak at the time left. It can't be used for any other purpose until it gets an upgrade to allow it to function with UPSM enabled.

[/TD]

Battery Doctor has an excellent screen for that purpose.

Also, it has a Switcher Window widget that is very nice to have.

I have noticed that IF Battery Doctor is being displayed, and I lay the phone down on the Wireless charging pad, it starts charging immediately.

Other wise, it may take several minutes before it decides to start charging.... it is a random thing and I don't loose any sleep over how long it takes for the Qi pad to start working, it always works. It is just snooty about doing it, when it "wants to" :)

Gordon D Miller

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
In your Screenshot, the 1800mA is the charging rate because your charger is plugged in. When you unplug your charger, it becomes the rate that your battery is draining. It is not the capacity of your battery. You are incorrectly making assumptions. The app works wonderfully.

Posted via the Android Central App