Don't Get Me Wrong, I Really Love My S5 But That G3 Looks Like A Killer Phone

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Right now if I were choosing for the first time and both were available for the same price I think I'd opt for the G3. I like the 5.5" screen in a form factor essentially the same as the S5. The camera is looking to be just about the equal to the S5 in good light and markedly better in low light and it has OIS. Throw in a removable battery and reportedly great battery life and a stripped down closer-to-pure-android OS and I think they have a real winner on their hands. While it's not real metal, it looks damn good too. And it has a dual LED flash that may make it less likely to destroy flash images as the S5 seems to do when the flash is in use.

rustum

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Right now if I were choosing for the first time and both were available for the same price I think I'd opt for the G3. I like the 5.5" screen in a form factor essentially the same as the S5. The camera is looking to be just about the equal to the S5 in good light and markedly better in low light and it has OIS. Throw in a removable battery and reportedly great battery life and a stripped down closer-to-pure-android OS and I think they have a real winner on their hands. While it's not real metal, it looks damn good too. And it has a dual LED flash that may make it less likely to destroy flash images as the S5 seems to do when the flash is in use.
If you want a bigger screen get G3. S5 offers more functionality (Finger print scanner, IP67, UPS, heart rate monitor) over G3. Some of these functionality is very useful me. Check for G3 reviews. Most of them skeptical about usefulness of QHD screen. G3 screen quality (brightness, black levels) suppose to be lower than even G2 screen. Batery life is pretty same except that, G3 is very dim compared to S5 at 50% brightness. Flash and low light photos might be better on G3. Relatively they are still pretty bad. I consider my on board dedicated camera flash itself is bad. It is still miles better than flash on these phones. That being said, all these phones are very good. You just need to get one fits your needs.

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I want to pick up the g3 but with the screen resolution being that high, I want to see how the processors handles it and with high graphics game. I think I have come to realize s5 or n3 are the only choices I have right now.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I want to pick up the g3 but with the screen resolution being that high, I want to see how the processors handles it and with high graphics game. I think I have come to realize s5 or n3 are the only choices I have right now.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
I've read or seen multiple reviews, and apart from getting noticeably warmer, there were no performance pits that were mentioned.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Last year both the S4 and G2 were the worst especially when compared to hTc's One M7, it was IMO the best release last year.

This year it's complete turned around with Samsung, the S5 is the one to beat.

If LG made changes like Samsung did I wouldn't be surprised if it knocks the S5 down.

Pro S5

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Came across this in the G3 Forum:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/402616-anyone-having-second-thoughts-about-buying-g3.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon