Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music app question

My built-in music app is unable to locate my mp3 files. Where do I have to put them in order to make it work? I would really want to use sound equalizer, but with VLC player I think I cannnot. I'm trying to move my mp3 files from my pc to my phone, by the way. I tried ti clear the cache and everything, didn't work.

Can you guys help me out? Thank you in advance!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Music app question

Solved the problem – partly. I have used Samsung Link program to sync my files on pc with my phone. I still don't know what folder the program uses...

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not familiar with Samsung Link, so I can't help you there. When I transfer music files from my PC to my phone, I just use the "Music" folder (or create one). It shouldn't matter what folder they go to--the system's Media Scanner should find music files and add them to its database of media files present on the phone.

If the music files that you moved over are on the external SD card, then be aware that there seem to be more complaints about Samsung devices than any other brand when it comes to reading SD cards. What happens if you move your music file to a folder in Internal Storage? Does your phone have any problems finding them there?
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you for your reply and your welcome message.

Well I don't have an SD card (yet) ... I also think that it should find my mp3s wherever I put them, but that's not the case. Well, its not a big problem anymore, since Samsung Link works pretty well... But I found no other solution to this problem yet. It's a thing I can live with