Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with sending texts s5

Hi all can someone help me I am having trouble sending along long text it will send a small okay if I do a long text it will come up with a circle at the bottom of the text then returns as flailed mms ? but I sent it as a text as anybody know why this might be going on many thanks.

Default Re: Help with sending texts s5

Quote Originally Posted by tony5496 View Post
    Hi all can someone help me I am having trouble sending along long text it will send a small okay if I do a long text it will come up with a circle at the bottom of the text then returns as flailed mms ? but I sent it as a text as anybody know why this might be going on many thanks.
    If the text message (SMS) exceeded 160 characters it's converted to MMS. SMS is sent through carrier channels while MMS is sent over data. Sounds like you have a mobile data issue.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes won't send it how do I sort it out never had this problem with iphone would just send it should my O2 network just send it why is it saying mms very confused !

Yes won't send it how do I sort it out never had this problem with iphone would just send it should my O2 network just send it why is it saying mms very confused !
    iPhones use iMessage and they go through Apple servers, totally different. I would start by checking your APN settings and make sure that they are correct for your carrier. If they are correct, contact your carrier and verify that your account is provisioned properly for the S5.
    Thanked by:
    tony5496 likes this.

Found this link for APN settings on O2

O2 APN Settings For Android, Galaxy S4, HTC One X
    Thanked by:
    tony5496 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes thanks for your help I am not so good at all this tech stuff I have sent the text mesage in two halfs and it went ok I'll try and find how I check it all as I think it's the same as on giffgaff but they use O2

Yes thanks for your help I am not so good at all this tech stuff I have sent the text mesage in two halfs and it went ok I'll try and find how I check it all as I think it's the same as on giffgaff but they use O2
    Hope you get it sorted out. Here's a link for GiffGaff APN settings

GiffGaff APN Settings | Geek Squad
    Thanked by:
    tony5496 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yes have checked all the APN settings all are ok is there a limit on so many words you can type on the s5

Yes have checked all the APN settings all are ok is there a limit on so many words you can type on the s5
    If you're using the stock messaging app - open Settings > Text messages > Input mode > select Automatic. Then go back Open Multimedia messages > Set restrictions set to Free
    Thanked by:
    tony5496 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yes I've done that and still won't send a long text god I am in a pickle lol but do appreciate all your help it's all very hard when you come from iphone to android i can use all the apps and that but just this last thing I am struggling with lol but I love the phone it great

Yes I've done that and still won't send a long text god I am in a pickle lol but do appreciate all your help it's all very hard when you come from iphone to android i can use all the apps and that but just this last thing I am struggling with lol but I love the phone it great
    Well I hope you can get it sorted out. If you haven't done so already, I would suggest a call to your carrier's support line and talk with them about your issue. It may well be something on their end causing the problem.
    Thanked by:
    tony5496 likes this.