- 8 Posts
Re-format MicroSD from FAT32 to exFAT; slower USB transfer speed
I've been using my SD card in GS5, regularly transferring files between PC and phone using the USB cable. I had no complains about the speed, but I wanted to store file-sizes larger than 4GB on my MicroSD card.
However, after reformatting it seems my transfer speed dropped a lot. It's hard to say how much since you can't view the transfer speed, but I tried transferring a 5.5GB file and it finished in about 20min, so < 5MB/s.
Anyway around this or is this the limit of exFAT on GS5? Surely it can't be the file system but something else?
- 06-22-2014, 07:36 AM #2
- 8 Posts
Re: Re-format MicroSD from FAT32 to exFAT; slower USB transfer speed
- 06-22-2014, 02:55 PM #4
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2014, 11:05 PM
- By Beldkuhn in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 10Last Post: 06-30-2014, 11:03 AM
- By Jtshurtleff in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 52Last Post: 06-25-2014, 08:27 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-22-2014, 01:45 AM
- By Sergiusz Jasper in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-22-2014, 01:33 AM