Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email question

I am having a problem trying to refresh my email while connected to a wifi network. It just times out. If I turn off wifi, I can refresh my email with no problem. I have Push function disabled. I have searched several threads regarding this but seems that a few people were having the opposite problem... email while connected to wifi only??? Any thoughts? BTW, I am on Verizon if that matters.

Default Re: Email question

Quote Originally Posted by joecfd1 View Post
    I am having a problem trying to refresh my email while connected to a wifi network. It just times out. If I turn off wifi, I can refresh my email with no problem. I have Push function disabled. I have searched several threads regarding this but seems that a few people were having the opposite problem... email while connected to wifi only??? Any thoughts? BTW, I am on Verizon if that matters.
    Is it a problem with all wifi or just a particular wifi like at work or home. Reason I ask is, at work and connected to our guest wifi I cannot access my work email, the IT guys have it blocked through the wifi router, so I have to connect over cellular data. So if it is just one particular wifi, then the reason you cant access it is probably in that wifi router's settings.

Default Re: Email question

I am using CloudMagic and it works a treat.

Give it a try, bet you like it.

* CloudMagic - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day using ART

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off=Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on=WiFi Data ON