Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Is this possible using Nova Prime and an icon pack or icon maker? I like the blue telephone icon and Google messenger icon instead of the defaults, but I don't want to lose the missed message/call badges on the icons. I tried an icon changer app which worked well, but the badges didn't work as it technically just creates a shortcut from the default icons. Thanks for any tips!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Change Default Icons and Keep Icon Badges for Missed Calls/MSGs?

Quote Originally Posted by U4icLab View Post
    Is this possible using Nova Prime and an icon pack or icon maker? I like the blue telephone icon and Google messenger icon instead of the defaults, but I don't want to loose the missed message/call badges on the icons. I tried an icon changer app which worked well, but the badges didn't work as it technically just creates a shortcut from the default icons. Thanks for any tips!

Yes, with Nova you just need to add their unread count app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...notifier&hl=en
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you! Once added, this capability can be applied to any downloaded icon pack used within Nova?

As far as I know yes, the icon doesn't really matter, it's the actual app that the unread count is tied to such as email, messages and so on.