Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Choose video player when playing movies from the web

I recently upgraded from a Samsung S3 to a S5. The feature I liked in the S3 was that whenever I selected a video from the web to play, an option came up for me to choose whether I wanted to use the Internet or video player to play the video. this does not happen on the S5. Can this be configured?

Global Posts
    3,935 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Choose video player when playing movies from the web

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin N View Post
    I recently upgraded from a Samsung S3 to a S5. The feature I liked in the S3 was that whenever I selected a video from the web to play, an option came up for me to choose whether I wanted to use the Internet or video player to play the video. this does not happen on the S5. Can this be configured?
    If you have another video player (such as MX Player or BS Player), you can go to settings>apps> and reset app preferences. This is so you can get a pop-up menu asking what player you want to use.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!