Which do you prefer SG3 SG4 OR SG5 ?

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am ready for an upgrade. I wouldn't even upgrade my SG3 if my charging port worked, (apparently it's the motherboard). I assumed I'd jump right to a SG5 I even bought an ottocase before the phone in preparation. Now I am finding some poor reviews on the SG5 with calls,data and the fact you can't have data and phone at the same time....that really sucks,why would they take that away?.... so it has me wondering if I should just get another SG3 maybe go to the SG4. opinions please!

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I love my s5, I would probably love it even more if it was the size of the s4. It just felt more comfortable in my hand with a case on it, but I do not regret my s5 at all.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I never liked the S series because I felt it was just a beta for Samsung's true flagship with the Note series.

Having said that I think Samsung finally got it right with the S5, I'm guessing because they made changes (small) to TocuhWiz.

S4 was the worst it was just way too much and lagged!

Pro S5

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I haven't had any of those issues with my Verizon S5. I'd go for the latest and greatest if I was you (and the S5 is definitely that). The people with problems are a very small minority; those who are perfectly happy with the phone and haven't had a problem don't come to message boards to post about it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have an S4 and an S5. Get the S5. Battery life is better, it's waterproof, and the camera is better. As far as call quality goes, it's good, the same as my S4. You can in fact use the phone and data at the same time as long as you're on LTE. I'm not sure about if you're on 3G, I have 4G everywhere I go. I think most phones don't have that ability anymore anyway. You'll be happier with the S5 than the S4 and you definitely shouldn't get another S3.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I love my s5. I had the s3 before I got my s5 and if I didn't feel Samsung had made any improvements with the s5 I never would have given up my s3. Thankfully I haven't had any of the issues that some users had/have with the s5.

Posted via Android Central App

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I must say that is good to hear you guys love the phone that much. I am on the worlds worse provider (Sprint) and I am concerned about reception quality since I travel constantly.

Kel M

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the S3 before upgrading to the S5, feels like day and night. The S5 is awesome!!

Sent from my Galaxy S5

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Good reply's not one person here with buyers remorse. I don't think the size will bother me, actually seems to be the perfect size for my eyes. I am so excited, I just have to get through the next week until I am eligible for my upgrade.Next thing will be should I root right away, glad to find there's a root that doesn't ping knox.

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
The S5...SUX!!!

Ha ha just kidding. :D. I had the S4 for a year and I had buyer's remorse almost immediately. For me it was too slow. The S5 is BLAZING by comparison. I actually like the slightly larger size too.

I would recommend the S5 over the S4 7 days a week and twice on Sunday's. You won't regret it.

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I am ready for an upgrade. I wouldn't even upgrade my SG3 if my charging port worked, (apparently it's the motherboard). I assumed I'd jump right to a SG5 I even bought an ottocase before the phone in preparation. Now I am finding some poor reviews on the SG5 with calls,data and the fact you can't have data and phone at the same time....that really sucks,why would they take that away?.... so it has me wondering if I should just get another SG3 maybe go to the SG4. opinions please!

Get the S5. Much better than the S4. S5>S3>S2>S4>S

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Please expand on what you are saying that you can't have data and phone at the same time?

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Please expand on what you are saying that you can't have data and phone at the same time?
I
read that you cant surf while your on the phone. I use a headset most of the time and I often will be looking for something for some reason while I am talking to them. I would be bummed if I can't do that.

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a S3 and was looking forward to the S5. However with the glaring power port cover problem I will probably go with the G3 or Z2. I currently have a S3 and love it. But the G3 and Z2 are very impressive.

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I still have about 3 months before I can upgrade my S3 but really enjoy my S3 especially since I got the KitKat upgrade last week. Battery life has improved tremendously and I really don't have anything to complain about my S3. (But will most likely jump to an S5 in September!)

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

In my opinion, there are many phones better than the S5. There are phones out there with a better design, for sure, and even more with a better UI.

That being said, if you like your S3 and TouchWiz, you will probably love the S5. It has better hardware, a better design, and slightly better software.

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

I
read that you cant surf while your on the phone. I use a headset most of the time and I often will be looking for something for some reason while I am talking to them. I would be bummed if I can't do that.

It is possible to use Voice and Data services at the same time on certain networks.

If you're on Sprint, you can't at this time. If you're on Verizon, you can, as long as you have an LTE connection. The S5, like most phones, can't do SV-DO, (Simultaneous Voice and 3G) but it can do SVLTE (Simultaneous Voice and LTE).

On Sprint, it simply isn't possible at this time. Spark devices only have single radio functionality, which allows for efficient Multi-Band use. Once VoLTE is implemented, however, you should be able to use simultaneous Voice and Data, as long as you have an LTE connection and as long as Sprint decides to update the S5 for VoLTE. Until then, you can use WiFi if you need Voice and Data at the same time.

If you have AT&T or T-Mobile, you can use Voice and Data service simultaneously. This is because they use GSM, which supports simultaneous Voice and Data.

Last edited: