Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to enable download booster on the Sprint, AT&T and Verizon Galaxy S5.

Enable Download Booster on Galaxy S5 (AT&T/ Sprint/ VZW/ T-Mobile)

Great feature to have.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Default Re: How to enable download booster on the Sprint, AT&T and Verizon Galaxy S5.

Really sounds like yet another unnecessary feature. If you're out and about, you're on mobil data anyway so wifi doesn't even come into the equation. If you're in a wifi area, in almost all cases the wifi provides a superb signal rendering any presumed benefit of "adding" 3/4G service to it moot. I knowe when I'm at home on my wifi network the last thing in the world I want to do is to (unnecessarily) burn through data to speed things up from the light speed I'm already getting.

Seems like a not too clever ruse on the part of the carriers to get subscribers to burn though massive amounts of data so that they can charge them for this.

No thank you!!!
    Sent from Verizon Galaxy S5 (usually) in NYC
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How to enable download booster on the Sprint, AT&T and Verizon Galaxy S5.

It comes in handy downloading a big file so that's a benefit depending on your data plan.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Sprint verizon and at&t disabled the download booster

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by cachun402 View Post
    Sprint verizon and at&t disabled the download booster

Posted via Android Central App
    Which is just fine with me, I don't want downloads wasting my data ever.

I have my phone configured so downloads will only occur if WiFi is ON.
    Verizon Galaxy S5

If I helped you, Please click
    Thanks button
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Not fine with me, I know how to control my data so the carriers should stop babysitting and let us use a feature that came on the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I have UDP, and 15 Mbps wifi. For me download booster would be great. I guess the only real problem is that I rarely download anything.