Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default Messaging gone Galaxy S5

I am using SMS Pro for my messaging app. It has given me some issues so I was going to switch back to the default messaging app, however I cannot find it anywhere in my applications on the phone. I have gone through ever setting and menu I can think of and still cannot find it. Can anybody help? Thank you.

Default Re: Default Messaging gone Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by tomadamsphoto View Post
    I am using SMS Pro for my messaging app. It has given me some issues so I was going to switch back to the default messaging app, however I cannot find it anywhere in my applications on the phone. I have gone through ever setting and menu I can think of and still cannot find it. Can anybody help? Thank you.
    What kind of issues?

download it again, it is working great. They just made an update a day or two ago.

I am using Go SMS Pro and think it is the best there is.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.jb.gosms

- - - Updated - - -

If you really must return to the OEM app, which ain't worth much....

it is at:
    settings/apps/app mgr/Turned OFF
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The issue I'm having is that it will not send pictures if I am connected to a wifi network. I have to turn off my wifi and then the pictures will send. Not sure if that is an app setting or a phone setting.

The issue I'm having is that it will not send pictures if I am connected to a wifi network. I have to turn off my wifi and then the pictures will send. Not sure if that is an app setting or a phone setting.
    That is a requirement of MMS and has nothing to do with the message apps.

I leave DATA always turned OFF when I am home and WIFI is turned ON.

I send pictures all the time with Go SMS Pro even though DATA is 'OFF'.

However, I read somewhere, that MMS will force DATA on even though you want it off. Just the messenger on this though. I "seem to" send and receive pictures just fine with DATA locked OFF.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON

Maybe it was disabled when you installed the other messaging app. Open your app drawer and tap the menu button, select show disabled apps, see if it is listed there. If so, just check it and re-enable the app.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I've been juggling messaging apps a lot lately trying to figure out which one I like best. I want an app with the pop-up box that will come on the lock screen, which rules out Go. I like the Samsung app, but I find it annoying that it doesn't clear notifications when you close the pop-up box. Extra steps! The problem with Handcent and Chomp is that I'm getting that (now) famous "bluetooth as stopped sharing" problem every time I send a text in my car (when connected to car's bluetooth). Don't have that problem with Samsung app. May just have to tolorate clearing notifications... though I really do like the customization options of Handcent. Thoughts or advice appreciated.