Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ItsMeMandi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Dropped phone

Last night I dropped the phone from waist height onto the tile. Thankfully no broken parts, but the top half of the screen was glitchy the drop down menu was jumping back and forth a few millimeters. I cured it with a battery pull and has been good since then. But I was wondering if anyone has run across this?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Dropped phone

Sure sounds like you dodged a bullet there. Has is been doing ok since last night?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

If it has been OK since then I would agree with Golfdriver that you dodged a bullet. I'm thinking that you may have separated the digitizer from the LCD and when you pulled the battery and replaced the back you may have just pushed it all back together again and everything will be fine. The adhesive will likely heal its self and you won't ever see a problem again, provided it's not dropped again.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

I've dropped mine from ear height twice. I don't know if I should write a thank you letter to Spigen or I'm just lucky, but no damage besides a few paint chips in the case.
    Greg C likes this.

Global Posts
    1,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Tanabe21 View Post
    Last night I dropped the phone from waist height onto the tile. Thankfully no broken parts, but the top half of the screen was glitchy the drop down menu was jumping back and forth a few millimeters. I cured it with a battery pull and has been good since then. But I was wondering if anyone has run across this?

Posted via Android Central App
    Get insurance for your phone!!!!! Square trade will insure your phone for $5 per month...regardless of how long you have had it.

http://www.squaretrade.com/att-samsung-galaxy-warranty
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

It happened to me a 3-4 years ago back with my hTc EVO 3D, no case not even a screen protector. I dropped on gravelled road from chest height and I couldn't believe NOT A SINGLE dent, mark or scratch on it.

And that is why I purchased an OtterBox Defender case for my S5 plus insurance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app