Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default looking for the dumbest 4G smartphone

mods, feel free to move this as I really don't know where to post it. My daughter is looking to disconnect as much as possible from the connected world. her hand me down 1x phone has poor coverage in this area and it's caused some concern among family members when they can't reach her and her children. Is there such thing as a dumb (or dumber) 4G phone? Thanks

Default Re: looking for the dumbest 4G smartphone

It might be better for you to post here: General Help and How To - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

If you're only looking for voice signal, 4G doesn't matter. If the concern is about poor coverage, then it depends more on the wireless provider your daughter uses, rather than the phone (although some phones do have better cell radios than others--Motorola in particular is known for good radios). What is your daughter's current wireless provider? You can check out the various providers' cell coverage by going to their website and plugging in the address.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

B Diddy, she is with Verizon and we live in East Texas. She is just mostly interested in phone and texting. She is using my old Moto Droid Razr I gave to my grandson (not connected). Her S4 finally bit the dust and she confiscated his phone <lol> I think she is finding it a little harder to get back to basics than she thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    B Diddy, she is with Verizon and we live in East Texas. She is just mostly interested in phone and texting. She is using my old Moto Droid Razr I gave to my grandson (not connected). Her S4 finally bit the dust and she confiscated his phone <lol> I think she is finding it a little harder to get back to basics than she thought it would be.
    How about this, would it work for her?
    Verizon Wireless Prepaid Motorola Moto G NoContract Cell Phone MOTXT1028PP - Best Buy

Global Posts
    2,168 Global Posts

Galaxy S3 mini.... or s4 mini.. I think they are 300.00 or so

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Global Posts
    2,168 Global Posts

Sorry dumbest smartphone... galaxy ace.

Sent from my Galaxy S5