Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark

I live in the largest town in the country.And of course, Sprint Spark is non existent. It wasn't until about 8 months ago when we finally got 4G LTE.
    Well, I just spent 4 days in Houston TX, and the Spark is fully functional, with damn good speeds. I mean, I had to turn off the LTE setting where I live due to crappy Sprint service, so the Sprint Spark felt even more amazing.
    I just wanted to go on record to say that unless you live in 1 of the few areas that Spark is actually operational, Sprint sucks.
    I've attached a screenshot of some speed tests. It's obvious which speed tests reflect Spark.
    It was a nice feeling for those 4 days to be confident I could connect to the web to do whatever I wanted to do. But that only lasted until I got on the plane.
    Thanks Sprint.
    4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark-spark.jpg

Global Posts
    6,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: 4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark

Wow! Sorry...
    I'm thankful I have way better speeds here. And I've been complaining because I think they are too slow!
    4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark-1403579943575.jpg4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark-1403579953977.jpg

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Wow... that's pretty sad!

- 13.3 MBP Retina
    - Google Nexus 6
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Global Posts
    1,844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

I read so many complaints about Sprint in these forums. Really...from what I see...the cost of their plans is the only thing Sprint has going for it.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

The cost for there plans suck!

Sent from my G-S5 using Tapatalk.
    get in da mix

Even on spark those are terrible speeds.

Yeah, to the OP, that doesn't look like Spark speeds. I have LTE here (not Spark yet) and tested 15.28 Mbps Down/6.51 Mbps Up. I'm curious the speeds I'll get in the Waukegan area this summer on vacation as they are a Spark market right now.

On Sprint my 3G averaged 0.5 mgbs down and LTE 4 down. It was horrendous, especially for Long Island, NY. On T-Mobile I get LTE everywhere by me and I get around 40 mgps down with peaks of nearly 50! It's a much better network here and the same price Sprint used to be for me. You couldn't pay me to go back to Sprint.

This is Jacksonville FL... First is my mom's iPhone doing a test (Sprint) and next is my phone (Note 3 on T-Mobile).

Both using the same server.. Started at the same time.. Side by side. I am surprised at getting this speed (for the iPhone on Sprint) since this area was only 3g when I had Sprint (a few months back) .. And it was way worse.. So I switched to T-Mobile due to that.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark-1403816910219.jpg   4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark-1403816918009.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Not Spark, just Sprint LTE

Sent from my Galaxy S®5 using Android Central
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark-1403818320423.jpg  

This is on AT&T at school in Kennesaw not great but not too bad. When I had my note 2 I got 62 one time but usually averaged like 35-40

4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark-uploadfromtaptalk1403819222451.jpg

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

I know its slow but I wouldent mind if spark stayed on but it keeps dropping to 3g and I live in philadelphia!

Sent from my G-S5 using Tapatalk.
    get in da mix
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I'm the OP and like I said I was teased while visiting a friend in Houston where Spark is live.
    I didn't realize it was live in Philly too. I'll be there in 3 weeks for a convention.
    Once again, I will be teased by sprint
    fml
    lol

Please provide proof that you're truly on the spark network

Posted via Android Central App

The number for sprints LTE goes up yo 125. Which is the end of LTE. This was pretty high of a number and these speeds are high

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark-screenshot_2014-06-30-19-58-49.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Cnorris92 View Post
    The number for sprints LTE goes up yo 125. Which is the end of LTE. This was pretty high of a number and these speeds are high

In theoretical speeds yes Sprint can go fast... Any network theoretically can go "X" speed but for users the real world speeds are what matters .

Sprint LTE in Charlotte.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 days with the S5 with Sprint Spark-screenshot_2014-07-02-18-22-09.jpg  

At what point does the speed even matter? Lol one u getting like 11 down let's say 6 up that's good enough to fly thru anything on the average, unless u downloading a movie

Thanked by:
    Cnorris92 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTwo2 View Post
    Sprint LTE in Charlotte.

Wish the triangle had this :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the triangle?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTwo2 View Post
    Where is the triangle?

Area of and around Raleigh Durham chapel hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOODANT215 View Post
    At what point does the speed even matter? Lol one u getting like 11 down let's say 6 up that's good enough to fly thru anything on the average, unless u downloading a movie

It's mainly ping than a certain speed. I agree 10 + Mbps can usually stream whatever but I like having my 20 + to 50 so when i download YouTube videos it Flys... Or mainly for when I'm at work watching live streams I can have my coworker tether to me and be good as well .

Quote Originally Posted by dad2noah View Post
    I live in the largest town in the country.And of course, Sprint Spark is non existent. It wasn't until about 8 months ago when we finally got 4G LTE.
    Well, I just spent 4 days in Houston TX, and the Spark is fully functional, with damn good speeds. I mean, I had to turn off the LTE setting where I live due to crappy Sprint service, so the Sprint Spark felt even more amazing.
    I just wanted to go on record to say that unless you live in 1 of the few areas that Spark is actually operational, Sprint sucks.
    I've attached a screenshot of some speed tests. It's obvious which speed tests reflect Spark.
    It was a nice feeling for those 4 days to be confident I could connect to the web to do whatever I wanted to do. But that only lasted until I got on the plane.
    Thanks Sprint.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spark.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	124771
    I don't see how that's Spark at such bad speeds. I've seen speeds at 40-57mbps on Spark. Also, I just got back from Houston myself, and the Sprint problem of transition, of handing it off from 3g to LTE Spark is still not fixed. I still had to toggle airplane mode to complete the hand off. SPRINT SUCKS. That and not being able to use the internet and talk on the phone (off of WIFI) using their stupid network is enough to drive me insane. (more so)

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOODANT215 View Post

I think HD streaming on NetFlix says it needs like 5 Meg speed, but I agree, Spark will be nice with the 40-50 Meg range, but I don't think it will be a stark difference in what I use my phone for day to day. I use it for e-mails, Facebook, Google+, and that's about it, so the extra speed is just a bonus for me.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Sparks not bad when it works lol
    I still have to keep on toggling air plane mode.
    get in da mix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast