Possible solution - Using Google Now Dialer with S5 Screen locked....

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have to say that I HATE that lockscreen dialer on the S5, but am very happy with Google Now as a Dialer / etc.
Ok, I searched several days lookng for a method of getting Google Now to work with my screen locked with my Bluetooth devices, and I think I have stumbled upon a fix.

1-Disable S-Voice totally
2-Install "Bluetooth Launch" from the Play Store
3-Go through the setup of that app and find ->Google Search ->com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.VoiceSearchActivity
and set that as the default action.
4- Test the activation from your Bluetooth headset - it will give you a choice on the screen of what you want to launch - select Bluetooth Launch

Now, here is where it gets a little weird..... I didn't really like the way Bluetooth Launch worked on my phone, so I uninstalled the Bluetooth Launch app.
I then tested my bluetooth, and it now brings up google now from my lock screen!
I didn't really believe that I had eliminated that weak dialing lock screen app, so I rebooted a couple of times, and it has held.

My S5 uses Swipe as the lock screen, is rooted, and SVoice has been removed totally, but past that and some other ATT / Samsung bloatware removal, I am stock. (Haven't tested this with any other lock screen options)

Let me know if this works for any of you guys, and feel free to add anything that needs to be added.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2