Possible solution - Using Google Now Dialer with S5 Screen locked....

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have to say that I HATE that lockscreen dialer on the S5, but am very happy with Google Now as a Dialer / etc.
Ok, I searched several days lookng for a method of getting Google Now to work with my screen locked with my Bluetooth devices, and I think I have stumbled upon a fix.

1-Disable S-Voice totally
2-Install "Bluetooth Launch" from the Play Store
3-Go through the setup of that app and find ->Google Search ->com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.VoiceSearchActivity
and set that as the default action.
4- Test the activation from your Bluetooth headset - it will give you a choice on the screen of what you want to launch - select Bluetooth Launch

Now, here is where it gets a little weird..... I didn't really like the way Bluetooth Launch worked on my phone, so I uninstalled the Bluetooth Launch app.
I then tested my bluetooth, and it now brings up google now from my lock screen!
I didn't really believe that I had eliminated that weak dialing lock screen app, so I rebooted a couple of times, and it has held.

My S5 uses Swipe as the lock screen, is rooted, and SVoice has been removed totally, but past that and some other ATT / Samsung bloatware removal, I am stock. (Haven't tested this with any other lock screen options)

Let me know if this works for any of you guys, and feel free to add anything that needs to be added.