Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Contact syncing issue between gmail and FB

I just made the jump from BB (Z10) into my first Android (S5 active) and I'm having an issue getting my contacts to sync. The girl at AT&T was having an issue getting the contacts onto my S5 but was eventually able to do it by setting up a gmail account for me and doing it that way. The problem is I now have all my "gmail" contacts on my phone and all my "FB" contacts as well.

When I go to link the contacts, the phone has them sorted by name and all I have to do is check them off and link them. It keeps saying contacts linked but it never actually links them. No matter what I try, I can not get them to link. So basically I am left with a few hundred duplicate contacts.

I tried doing a search but there wasn't much help there and what was suggested didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Contact syncing issue between gmail and FB

Just an update for anyone searching this issue in the future.

I ended up going into the settings menu in contacts and selecting export to USB. Once I did that, I deleted all the contacts off of my phone and then selected "import contacts" and saved them to the device (not Gmail). Next, I went to FB, unlinked all the contacts, and relinked them. After this I was able to go into contacts and link them with no problems.

Question Re: Contact syncing issue between gmail and FB

whats apps did you used?
    can you explain in detail what you did?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Contact syncing issue between gmail and FB

I didn't use any 3rd party apps. This was all done from within the "Contacts" app. Just follow the steps from above.