Contact syncing issue between gmail and FB
I just made the jump from BB (Z10) into my first Android (S5 active) and I'm having an issue getting my contacts to sync. The girl at AT&T was having an issue getting the contacts onto my S5 but was eventually able to do it by setting up a gmail account for me and doing it that way. The problem is I now have all my "gmail" contacts on my phone and all my "FB" contacts as well.
When I go to link the contacts, the phone has them sorted by name and all I have to do is check them off and link them. It keeps saying contacts linked but it never actually links them. No matter what I try, I can not get them to link. So basically I am left with a few hundred duplicate contacts.
I tried doing a search but there wasn't much help there and what was suggested didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Contact syncing issue between gmail and FB
Just an update for anyone searching this issue in the future.
I ended up going into the settings menu in contacts and selecting export to USB. Once I did that, I deleted all the contacts off of my phone and then selected "import contacts" and saved them to the device (not Gmail). Next, I went to FB, unlinked all the contacts, and relinked them. After this I was able to go into contacts and link them with no problems.
- 07-09-2014, 08:15 AM #3
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-13-2014, 12:00 AM
- By Rubysetia Dinanti in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2014, 02:45 PM
- By GuyTek in forum LG G3Replies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2014, 09:38 AM
- By GuyTek in forum HTC One SeriesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2014, 07:48 AM
- By oxotest in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2014, 07:25 AM