I power off the screen, it don't come back on for a bit...help?

LucidPsykosis

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, its been a while. So, I have the SGS5, and recently started having a problem with the screen not coming back on after hitting the power button and locking it. I'm including a link in case I don't make sense. Anyway, I press the power button to wake up my device. If I press the power button again, or let it go back to sleep, no matter what button I push (home or power) the screen won't wake back up till I let it sit for 20 to 30 seconds. The only thing that happens (other than a black/blank screen) is that the "back" and "menu" touch points light up briefly. I went to Big Red, and showed them. They said they'd never seen it before (of course they haven't), and ordered me a replacement. I got the new one yesterday, got it all set back up...and this one does the same thing. Has anyone seen or heard of this? I can see some questions as what I've done to the device that might cause this, and the only thing out of the ordinary that I know of is, NO...I did not root it. I installed Aviate as a home launcher, but this was doing it before that. This gets really annoying when I need to quickly fire up my camera for a shot, and have to wait till the phone wants to play nice. :mad: Thank you for any help and advice.
Samsung GS5 issue - YouTube

diamondRanch

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
There are many many threads about this. My first one did the same thing, got another and it still does it but just not nearly as often. And it doesn't matter what apps you use/install as mine had absolutely nothing on it when it started.

I can touch the home button a couple times in a row and it will come back on. Or pull the battery(pain). Hitting the home button is the easiest and fastest way for me.

Many think it could be a Samsung software bug they will fix soon, and others think it could be hardware.

I hate when it's been on so many forums and yet Samsung isn't announcing they recognize the problem. There has to be thousands of phones returned for this.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith