SD card storage and Private Mode question

RogaDanar

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Quick question that I couldn't find the answer to with google; Does making something stored on the SD card "Private" move it to phone storage and limit me to 16GB? Is there any way to privatize files on the SD card without moving them, besides third party apps? If not, can anyone recommend a good app for storing private pics and videos?

Thanks

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Quick question that I couldn't find the answer to with google; Does making something stored on the SD card "Private" move it to phone storage and limit me to 16GB? Is there any way to privatize files on the SD card without moving them, besides third party apps? If not, can anyone recommend a good app for storing private pics and videos?

Thanks

Well, I am not getting the question you have asked over the "Does making something stored on the SD card "Private" move it to phone storage and limit me to 16GB?" But yes, what I can answer is the next part i.e. a third party application which can make all your stored file private try using "Hide Pictures - Hide It Pro" available for free over the Google Play Store. I am using it over quite a while, and never find any suspicious activity or.... over the it ! It can safely hide your files and folder over your device and the best thing about it is no one other than you have the idea that this application is mean for hiding application as, it gives other people a feel that it is a simple volume controller application not !! :cool: Try giving it a shot it worth a trial and I am pretty much sure you are not going to uninstall it for a long time !

elbon00

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
NEVER MIND, found my answer.

I know it's been a couple of years, but did you ever get an answer on whether SD card files marked as private get moved to internal storage? I'm fighting the same issue currently.

Last edited:

Josh Parker1

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I don't want to use a third party app because the fingerprint ability is extremely easy and i can hide everything in the gallery natively and show everything again by turning private mode on or off. I tried adoptable storage which worked slightly at first but things just constantly downloaded to the internal storage and refused to use the adopted sd card.

Htramel

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes when you mark a file on your sd card as private it gets moved to your private folder ".hide" which uses your internal memory. So the file you mark private on the sd card will no longer be on your sd card until you move it back.

As of now a 3rd party app will make your sd card files private which will remain on the sd card when become private by using the 3rd party app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca