So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The new case feels a lot better but it's still not as tight as the standard cover. At this point I think my second case is designed properly but the shape of the phone with wireless cover may cause ever so slight looseness. Not much, though and you'd have to press on it on purpose.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The new case feels a lot better but it's still not as tight as the standard cover. At this point I think my second case is designed properly but the shape of the phone with wireless cover may cause ever so slight looseness. Not much, though and you'd have to press on it on purpose.

There's a thread on XDA about cases for the wireless charging covers. Diztronic is posting there. Seems they are making a second production run on these cases. The first run had a thinner back than they normally use and they are considering going back to the standard thickness. He explains some of the issues with the loose fitting cases. Check his post #388 for a little more info.
Cases that are compatible with the wireless … - Pg. 39 | Galaxy S 5 | XDA Forum

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There's a thread on XDA about cases for the wireless charging covers. Diztronic is posting there. Seems they are making a second production run on these cases. The first run had a thinner back than they normally use and they are considering going back to the standard thickness. He explains some of the issues with the loose fitting cases. Check his post #388 for a little more info.
Cases that are compatible with the wireless … - Pg. 39 | Galaxy S 5 | XDA Forum

Thanks, yes the thinness isn't necessary and it makes the case as a whole flimsy. I'll be emailing them because I'm not happy. I understand their reasoning but people have used Qi through Otterboxs before...

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got my wireless charging cover today. I also got the Belkin Air Grip bumper at the same time. I'm not real happy with the feel of the bumper, just not what I'm looking for so I'm hoping Diztronic gets this sorted out. I also noticed the phone gets real warm while charging wirelessly, much warmer than I remember my Nexus 5 getting. May be nothing to worry about but it was a little concerning.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got my wireless charging cover today. I also got the Belkin Air Grip bumper at the same time. I'm not real happy with the feel of the bumper, just not what I'm looking for so I'm hoping Diztronic gets this sorted out. I also noticed the phone gets real warm while charging wirelessly, much warmer than I remember my Nexus 5 getting. May be nothing to worry about but it was a little concerning.

That's normal. Slower charging + more heat is a negative but if you like the convenience its worth it.

I love the Bumper because the back charging cover is grippy. The issue I have with it is it feels wide.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
My Diztronic case came today, I'm not impressed. I'm going to try it out for the rest of the day but we'll see. The case overall is snug, but the area around the camera cut out doesn't sit flush against the phone and where the power button is, the case bubbles out and kind of clicks/snaps whenever you press power. I'll see if using it and keeping it in my pocket helps smooth the case down but I have a feeling I'll be sending it back probably /=

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm emailed Diztronic regarding that XDA thread and got the following response:

If you are not happy with the product you are welcome to return it for a full refund. At this point, we've already sent you a functional replacement. If you want to place a new order down the road when/if we make a thicker case, you are more than welcome to, but at this point I'm not entirely sure we are doing that. I'm going to try and keep the thickness the same as now if possible.

Our return address is:

Diztronic
2500 Pleasant View Rd Ste 103
Middleton, WI 53562

Please write your order number on the outside of the package.

Best,

Clay
Diztronic Owner

--------------------------------

Not the response I was hoping for.

Edit- I did just get another email saying he will let me know next week of they decide to go thicker.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think that I'll look for another solution and cross Diztronic off the list...

For now I've gone back to my standard battery cover. I don't like opening the tab but at least its an annoyance that lasts a second rather than all day.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I feel somewhat ashamed, but I ordered one of those thing qi coils that fits under the standard back. I don't really care about the IP67 and I'd rather be able to use all of the cases I already spent money on. will try to return the Diztronic case and the Samsung OEM wireless back

Samsung Junkie
Galaxy S2, S3, S5 T-Mobile
Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE Verizon

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Quick update.. Diztronic has replaced my case with a new one... NO hassle what so ever!! Great customer service.... Cases better than the first.... And in my previous post I said that it has no branding on it ... And I was wrong.... Oops

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Quick update.. Diztronic has replaced my case with a new one... NO hassle what so ever!! Great customer service.... Cases better than the first.... And in my previous post I said that it has no branding on it ... And I was wrong.... Oops

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Definitely! Great service. I could use the case but I use my phone so much for work lately I prefer the lighter feel. :D

Hanging on to the case and wireless cover in case I want to use it again.

Last edited:

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Diz case and wasnt real happy with it because it didnt have a good grip and didnt seem like it would protect the phone well.
I now have the Tech21 case. it has a much better grip and seems like it would protect the phone better.
It does fit very well but i will warn you that it is a bear to get on the phone. the use of a hair dryer on the case is needed to get it on, but after its on it fits very well.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Impact Mesh - Smokey | Tech21

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap, a hair dryer? That sounds a bit excessive for a case!

I tried the Diz case and wasnt real happy with it because it didnt have a good grip and didnt seem like it would protect the phone well.
I now have the Tech21 case. it has a much better grip and seems like it would protect the phone better.
It does fit very well but i will warn you that it is a bear to get on the phone. the use of a hair dryer on the case is needed to get it on, but after its on it fits very well.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Impact Mesh - Smokey | Tech21

Carla97220

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
so there is still no case that will fit the S5 with official Samsung wireless charging cover?

I returned the Diztronic one because it just looks cheap and lacks any real grip. It does fit well, but I want a more premium feel and a better protection against drops.