So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Cool good to know. I guess I'll go check it out when it comes out. Of course it will make the device a bit thicker nit I guess that works. Now I hope Spigen follows this path as well.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I just use a wireless receiver, instead of a thicker cover. You can get them cheap and you put them inside your existing case and they will charge wirelessly, and just about all cases will fit. There are many out there. I use this one and I can use any existing GS5 case with no worries, no bulges, etc ..

dwatcool

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I just use a wireless receiver, instead of a thicker cover. You can get them cheap and you put them inside your existing case and they will charge wirelessly, and just about all cases will fit. There are many out there. I use this one and I can use any existing GS5 case with no worries, no bulges, etc ..

Have you tried charging with a case of the phone?

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried charging with a case of the phone?

Posted via Android Central App

Be aware that no one had confirmed that ANY of these keeps water resistance in tact. In fact, those that tried with other receivers had water damage.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

jleemess

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The oem wireless charging back does have the same gasket as the one that comes on the phone although I have not tried to see if it is water resistant

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The oem wireless charging back does have the same gasket as the one that comes on the phone although I have not tried to see if it is water resistant

The OEM Cover is the only Qi charging option that maintains the original factory IP67 certification.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Spigen to ask if they have considered it and to let them know that Diztronic is making one. I would go wireless in a heartbeat if my Ultra Hybrid would fit. They thanked me and said they'd look into it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Spigen to ask if they have considered it and to let them know that Diztronic is making one. I would go wireless in a heartbeat if my Ultra Hybrid would fit. They thanked me and said they'd look into it.

I asked Spigen weeks ago and got the same answer. I asked Diztronic at the same time and they said they would do it if they deem demand is high enough and thank you for the suggestion. Diztronic stepped up. :)

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

OMG. I did the same thing, I e-mailed them about it. But I also mentioned that they should add a description on their cases page to say whether it is compatible or not, because the Korean Spigen webpages clearly stated "not compatible with the Samsung Wireless charging back cover" so that the customer knows that the case will not fit and that they don't have to waste money.

They responded me with the same things thanking me and that they would look into it.

photoman333

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Samsung has a cover that I can personally confirm fits my S5 with the Qi back:
"Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear" (EF-PG900BSESTA)
Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear

Samsung lists it for $25 but you can buy it for $15 by ordering it from Staples and choose In-Store (free) delivery. It fits like it was really designed for the Qi back and it doesn't interfere with Qi chargers.

All that said, I will probably buy the Diztronic cover when it comes out. The Samsung is rubber that is so non-slip that it almost feels sticky, and I'm not in the habit of dropping my smartphone so I'd prefer a smoother finish on a cover.

Ted

PS: A lot of folks really like the Tylt-Vu charger but it's some $70 on Amazon. I found one out of Hong Kong that seems to be the same, for $30:

A6 Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad Transmitter for Apple Samsung Google HTC LG | eBay

My wife and I each have one and we really like them. In fact, my wife has a Qi receiver in her S5 rather than the Samsung Qi back and it can be quirky connecting to some Qi chargers. But it never fails to connect to the "A6-Qi" charger. According to the box it has three coils like the Tylt has. I just ordered a third one for my desk at work. Edit: It takes 10 days to get here from Hong Kong.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has a cover that I can personally confirm fits my S5 with the Qi back:
"Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear" (EF-PG900BSESTA)
Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear

Samsung lists it for $25 but you can buy it for $15 by ordering it from Staples and choose In-Store (free) delivery. It fits like it was really designed for the Qi back and it doesn't interfere with Qi chargers.

All that said, I will probably buy the Diztronic cover when it comes out. The Samsung is rubber that is so non-slip that it almost feels sticky, and I'm not in the habit of dropping my smartphone so I'd prefer a smoother finish on a cover.

Ted

PS: A lot of folks really like the Tylt-Vu charger but it's some $70 on Amazon. I found one out of Hong Kong that seems to be the same, for $30:

A6 Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad Transmitter for Apple Samsung Google HTC LG | eBay

My wife and I each have one and we really like them. In fact, my wife has a Qi receiver in her S5 rather than the Samsung Qi back and it can be quirky connecting to some Qi chargers. But it never fails to connect to the "A6-Qi" charger. According to the box it has three coils like the Tylt has. I just ordered a third one for my desk at work. Edit: It takes 10 days to get here from Hong Kong.

I have tried that Samsung cover. It fits but you have to put it in just right or the buttons won't line up. Even then the buttons are too tactile and easily accidentally pressed in the pocket.

Ted Kurkowski

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have tried that Samsung cover. It fits but you have to put it in just right or the buttons won't line up. Even then the buttons are too tactile and easily accidentally pressed in the pocket.

I didn't have a problem with the buttons lining up but I do have the same problem with that cover as with the S5 without a cover: when I take it out of the holster i can't avoid pressing the volume control rocker. Drives me nuts. I wish I could disable the volume rocker when I'm on the home screen, and let it be enabled when I'm in an app that has sound - phone call, etc.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My Diztronic case was delivered today. Unfortunately, I'm at work until 8 PM CST so I can't check it out yet.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the case on now and so far I'm not impressed. The case does fit tightly so the phone will not slide out. However, my issue is that the sides are just loose enough that I feel the case pushing in anytime I pick it up. :/

If anyone else gets this case and has the same issue let me know. I hope this is just a bad case I received.

This isn't the Diztronic I've always been supportive of.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Great I just placed an order not too long ago, and now after reading your post, I have cancelled the order. Looks like my phone will remain naked (I actually prefer it naked and did not have any problem with it)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Great I just placed an order not too long ago, and now after reading your post, I have cancelled the order. Looks like my phone will remain naked (I actually prefer it naked and did not have any problem with it)

I'll let you know if Diztronic sends me another one or if I go for a full refund. They do have great support and I'm shocked this case doesn't fit as well as every other case they've made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2