Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Diztronic has confirmed that they're releasing a TPU case in late July for the Galaxy S5 that supports the Qi charging cover! It's about time one manufacturer does this and I'm so glad it's Diztronic.

    You can preorder the case at the following link:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LLM...0-20&m1k=vb_ac
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 07-09-2014 at 07:48 PM.
    Thanked by:
    WhiteiPadMini likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Cool good to know. I guess I'll go check it out when it comes out. Of course it will make the device a bit thicker nit I guess that works. Now I hope Spigen follows this path as well.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
  3. #3  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    I'm using an incipio dual pro with the oem charging back it is pretty thin and fits perfectly.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    I just use a wireless receiver, instead of a thicker cover. You can get them cheap and you put them inside your existing case and they will charge wirelessly, and just about all cases will fit. There are many out there. I use this one and I can use any existing GS5 case with no worries, no bulges, etc ..
  5. #5  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    I just use a wireless receiver, instead of a thicker cover. You can get them cheap and you put them inside your existing case and they will charge wirelessly, and just about all cases will fit. There are many out there. I use this one and I can use any existing GS5 case with no worries, no bulges, etc ..
    Have you tried charging with a case of the phone?

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by dwatcool View Post
    Have you tried charging with a case of the phone?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Be aware that no one had confirmed that ANY of these keeps water resistance in tact. In fact, those that tried with other receivers had water damage.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    The oem wireless charging back does have the same gasket as the one that comes on the phone although I have not tried to see if it is water resistant
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by jleemess View Post
    The oem wireless charging back does have the same gasket as the one that comes on the phone although I have not tried to see if it is water resistant
    The OEM Cover is the only Qi charging option that maintains the original factory IP67 certification.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    WhiteiPadMini likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    I emailed Spigen to ask if they have considered it and to let them know that Diztronic is making one. I would go wireless in a heartbeat if my Ultra Hybrid would fit. They thanked me and said they'd look into it.
    WhiteiPadMini likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I emailed Spigen to ask if they have considered it and to let them know that Diztronic is making one. I would go wireless in a heartbeat if my Ultra Hybrid would fit. They thanked me and said they'd look into it.
    I asked Spigen weeks ago and got the same answer. I asked Diztronic at the same time and they said they would do it if they deem demand is high enough and thank you for the suggestion. Diztronic stepped up.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
  11. #11  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I emailed Spigen to ask if they have considered it and to let them know that Diztronic is making one. I would go wireless in a heartbeat if my Ultra Hybrid would fit. They thanked me and said they'd look into it.
    OMG. I did the same thing, I e-mailed them about it. But I also mentioned that they should add a description on their cases page to say whether it is compatible or not, because the Korean Spigen webpages clearly stated "not compatible with the Samsung Wireless charging back cover" so that the customer knows that the case will not fit and that they don't have to waste money.

    They responded me with the same things thanking me and that they would look into it.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
  12. #12  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by dwatcool View Post
    Have you tried charging with a case of the phone?

    Posted via Android Central App

    It charges fine with cases on, as did my GS4 with a similar receiver.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    I edited the original post with a link to preorder.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
  14. #14  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Samsung has a cover that I can personally confirm fits my S5 with the Qi back:
    "Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear" (EF-PG900BSESTA)
    Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear

    Samsung lists it for $25 but you can buy it for $15 by ordering it from Staples and choose In-Store (free) delivery. It fits like it was really designed for the Qi back and it doesn't interfere with Qi chargers.

    All that said, I will probably buy the Diztronic cover when it comes out. The Samsung is rubber that is so non-slip that it almost feels sticky, and I'm not in the habit of dropping my smartphone so I'd prefer a smoother finish on a cover.

    Ted

    PS: A lot of folks really like the Tylt-Vu charger but it's some $70 on Amazon. I found one out of Hong Kong that seems to be the same, for $30:

    A6 Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad Transmitter for Apple Samsung Google HTC LG | eBay

    My wife and I each have one and we really like them. In fact, my wife has a Qi receiver in her S5 rather than the Samsung Qi back and it can be quirky connecting to some Qi chargers. But it never fails to connect to the "A6-Qi" charger. According to the box it has three coils like the Tylt has. I just ordered a third one for my desk at work. Edit: It takes 10 days to get here from Hong Kong.
    Last edited by photoman333; 07-18-2014 at 01:05 PM.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by photoman333 View Post
    Samsung has a cover that I can personally confirm fits my S5 with the Qi back:
    "Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear" (EF-PG900BSESTA)
    Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear

    Samsung lists it for $25 but you can buy it for $15 by ordering it from Staples and choose In-Store (free) delivery. It fits like it was really designed for the Qi back and it doesn't interfere with Qi chargers.

    All that said, I will probably buy the Diztronic cover when it comes out. The Samsung is rubber that is so non-slip that it almost feels sticky, and I'm not in the habit of dropping my smartphone so I'd prefer a smoother finish on a cover.

    Ted

    PS: A lot of folks really like the Tylt-Vu charger but it's some $70 on Amazon. I found one out of Hong Kong that seems to be the same, for $30:

    A6 Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad Transmitter for Apple Samsung Google HTC LG | eBay

    My wife and I each have one and we really like them. In fact, my wife has a Qi receiver in her S5 rather than the Samsung Qi back and it can be quirky connecting to some Qi chargers. But it never fails to connect to the "A6-Qi" charger. According to the box it has three coils like the Tylt has. I just ordered a third one for my desk at work. Edit: It takes 10 days to get here from Hong Kong.
    I have tried that Samsung cover. It fits but you have to put it in just right or the buttons won't line up. Even then the buttons are too tactile and easily accidentally pressed in the pocket.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
  16. #16  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I have tried that Samsung cover. It fits but you have to put it in just right or the buttons won't line up. Even then the buttons are too tactile and easily accidentally pressed in the pocket.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    I didn't have a problem with the buttons lining up but I do have the same problem with that cover as with the S5 without a cover: when I take it out of the holster i can't avoid pressing the volume control rocker. Drives me nuts. I wish I could disable the volume rocker when I'm on the home screen, and let it be enabled when I'm in an app that has sound - phone call, etc.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    My Diztronic case was delivered today. Unfortunately, I'm at work until 8 PM CST so I can't check it out yet.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    I have the case on now and so far I'm not impressed. The case does fit tightly so the phone will not slide out. However, my issue is that the sides are just loose enough that I feel the case pushing in anytime I pick it up. :/

    If anyone else gets this case and has the same issue let me know. I hope this is just a bad case I received.

    This isn't the Diztronic I've always been supportive of.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
  19. #19  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Great I just placed an order not too long ago, and now after reading your post, I have cancelled the order. Looks like my phone will remain naked (I actually prefer it naked and did not have any problem with it)
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    Great I just placed an order not too long ago, and now after reading your post, I have cancelled the order. Looks like my phone will remain naked (I actually prefer it naked and did not have any problem with it)
    I'll let you know if Diztronic sends me another one or if I go for a full refund. They do have great support and I'm shocked this case doesn't fit as well as every other case they've made.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
  21. #21  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I'll let you know if Diztronic sends me another one or if I go for a full refund. They do have great support and I'm shocked this case doesn't fit as well as every other case they've made.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Yes please let me know how it goes. I'm not sure why they dropped the ball on this one.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    Yes please let me know how it goes. I'm not sure why they dropped the ball on this one.
    Me either. I work in car sales so I'm always in the lot. I don't need a lot of protection but I do want something in case I bump my phone on something. Otherwise I'd go naked so I'm disappointed.

    Just an FYI the looseness caused nearly the same feeling as it would clicking the volume key naked.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
  23. #23  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    I got mine today and it does seems flimsy and cheap..... Too bad my wireless charging back is scheduled to be delivered Monday.... I'll just have to wait till then to pass judgment...

    Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt503 View Post
    I got mine today and it does seems flimsy and cheap..... Too bad my wireless charging back is scheduled to be delivered Monday.... I'll just have to wait till then to pass judgment...

    Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5
    Comparing the regular Diztronic to the Wireless I can say you're spot on! The standard cover is more firm and has less give. The Wireless case is flimsy and cheap. In fact, I would argue that, based on the thickness of both cases, the flimsy material is what makes it fit. Its hardly even thicker!

    I put the stock battery cover on and tried it in this case. The case is now slightly big and the shape is off a bit due to the roundness needed for the Qi cover. With that said, they messed up badly. I want a refund.
    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
  25. #25  

    Default Re: So there WILL be a TPU for the Wireless Charging Cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Be aware that no one had confirmed that ANY of these keeps water resistance in tact. In fact, those that tried with other receivers had water damage.

    Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    It's a samsung product.. It's exactly the same thing, but with the qi internals

    Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Red X on Battery icon when charging
    By rxgadget in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 11:49 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 10:43 AM
  3. Android L only for google play edition?
    By purpleparrotuk in forum HTC One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 06:23 AM
  4. How to select dominant device for sync
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 12:50 AM

Posting Permissions