weird marks on screen

angelisawesome

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello I got my galaxy s5 like a week and a half ago. I dont have a screen protecter and when I swipe down on my screen with my hand theres two blotches on the screen. I thought that it maybe could be oil so I cleaned my screen with a paper towel and water but that didnt work so I wiped it down with a paper towel and windex but still no difference. Anyone know what it might be?

Posted via Android Central App

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I had marks that sound exactly like this on my first S5. you could only see them if you breathed on the phone or if you smudged the area. I ended up swapping the phone because the glass was out of place, but never got an answer about this problem. My new phone doesnt have the marks though. It is probably just something from the factory process, I do not think quality control was done very will with the S5

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you post pictures? Mine doesn't have the splotches, but as the above poster indicated, the quality control standards for the S5 leave something to be desired. My first phone had a scratch on the camera bezel and when I took it to exchange it, the guy at Best Buy Mobile was hesitant because obviously he had no true way of knowing who put it there. The issue was compounded because they didn't unbox my phone in store, I took it home and did it myself, which they apparently aren't supposed to allow for this very reason but that wasn't my fault and if it isn't policy, they shouldn't have let me do it. So he then decided to take my word for it and exchange the phone, and upon unboxing the new one to inspect it, the bottom chrome piece looked like it had been in a fight with a wood chipper. It took three brand new phones for me to find the perfect one, so Samsung really had an issue with quality control the time around.

angelisawesome

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask what company you have?
Because the rep at Tmobile told me that I had a week to exchange it if it wasnt working properly but the week was up like 5 days ago. Also I didnt unbox it at home they unboxed it at the TMOBILE store. I Also dont have another device to take a picture of the screen with other than my laptop or galaxy tab 2, which has really bad quality photos.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000